Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are Wolff and ISMI Recoil Springs the Same Diameter?

RaylanGivens

I'm planning to get a Jager uncaptured SS guide rod for my 3rd gen Glock 34... I'd like to be able to use both Wolff and ISMI recoil springs with the Jager rod... Is that an acceptable approach?

I've never seen anyone mention whether the sizes are the same or different... Just wanting a bit of clarification before I buy the guide rod and springs... I'd like to be able to try an ISMI 13# and a Wolf 14# recoil spring on the same Jager guide rod...

Don't know about on the Glock, but they're not on the M&P (and from my understanding the guns use the same recoil springs). I have a Wolff guide rod that works fine with Wolff springs but won't fit inside an ISMI spring.

You should be fine with your "Jager" guide rod, if you are using their captured guide rod.

If, However you are using the Jager Heavy extended (g34/g35) guide rod, then these are only compatible with Wolff round wire springs.

I have a GlockWorx extended tungsten guide rod, and the ISMI springs fit, also the Wolff flat wire springs fit.

Edited by sbpt1911

Thanks...

I want to order some Wolff striker and striker safety block springs, so I think I'll just order a Wolf uncaptured guide rod and a few recoil springs at the same time...

I'd like to buy one of Jager's lightweight strikers, but no one seems to have any... As soon as some are available, I'll order one and get a guide rod and a 13# ISMI spring...

I'm planning to start with a Wolff 14# recoil spring, 4.5# striker spring, and a reduced power safety block spring... Thinking that the 4.5# striker spring will still work with a stock Glock striker...

I shoot USPSA Production with a Glock 34... Current ammunition is 9mm FMJ 147gr, 925fps velocity, with a power factor of 135.97...

as others have said, no they are not. I should have asked first Hehe.

edit:

I run a 17 with a similar load, a little slower, and I use a Wolff stainless guide rod with a zev 12 pound spring and I would like to try a 11 pound in for what its worth.

also a classic vanek trigger system

Edited by Mortis03

• 4 months later...

Wolff springs have a larger outside (and inside) diameter than ISMI's, so they aren't compatible with the same guiderod.

Okay so I have a really dumb recoil spring question.

In my G34 I have the Wolff 14# recoil spring and Wolff steel guide rod, and sometimes when putting the slide back on the frame the spring gets caught in a weird way or like something doesn't go quite right and I have to do it again. Is this just the nature of the uncaptured spring or am I an idiot who's doing something wrong? I honestly don't get it.

:blink: