Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which 9mm conversion?

I'm liking my elite match .45acp...a lot. have done some stuff with it, and I think i'll keep it. I'm really considering getting a 6" barrel, threading it, and then shooting this one suppressed.

but...i'm also hurting with ammo cost! I'm tossing around the idea of buying a 9mm upper for it...or just outright buying another 9mm all together. It's really going to depend on the price of the upper, and if I have to FFL it or if I can just have it shipped to me at home. It'll get a threaded barrel and be shot suppressed as well...

so...which one am I looking for and where can i get it???

well....which one on the site is it (their site sucks balls, btw)

Compact Blue

Standard Blue

Long slide blue with Super Sight Blue

Last summer "Long slide w/Super sights" ran $292 delivery to my PO Box, for the 9mm conversion for my Match. 6" barrel was $190.

awcsilencers.com cut the 6'' barrel to 5 12" and then threaded it to 1/2x28 (most common tread pattern for suppressors). Thread protector is over the top. Bcause there's no machine line between the barrel and protector it's a visual shock to unscrew the end of the barrel and threads are underneath. Not a HK type looking protector.

The Match is now just suppressor ready. The AWC Abraxas Titanium 9mm suppressor (see web) for me looks like the way to go. OAD is <1" so it fits under the stock sights on the Match.

are the .45acp and 9mm slides different in anyway? Why couldn't I just buy a barrel and mag?

The breech is different; you could probabably get it to fire just fine, it just wouldn't eject since the ejector would be too far away to grab the rim. Which you might be able to fix by modifying the ejector so it goes in farther, BUT then there isn't anything on the opposite side for the case to rest against, so even then you would probably get a lot of FTE's.

Find a 9mm case and put it on your breech face to see what I"m talking about.

are the .45acp and 9mm slides different in anyway? Why couldn't I just buy a barrel and mag?

The breech is different; you could probabably get it to fire just fine, it just wouldn't eject since the ejector would be too far away to grab the rim. Which you might be able to fix by modifying the ejector so it goes in farther, BUT then there isn't anything on the opposite side for the case to rest against, so even then you would probably get a lot of FTE's.

Find a 9mm case and put it on your breech face to see what I"m talking about.

fair enough......early morning thinking is never my strong suit

Full circle, barrrel cost $150. Match conversion slide cost $292. So for another $150 you get the slide, better rear sight, guide rod, spring and one mag! Good deal.

Barrel swap works with some but not .45 to 9mm.

9mm to 38 Super works

10mm to .40 works

.40 with 9mm reamed to 357 Sig works

9mm reamed to 9x23 works

If your going to get into the conversion game, keeping the slides complete sure cuts doun on what spring went with what barrel, what guide rod goes where?

davids,

Who did the work on making a 357 SIG conversion? I love this round in my SIGs and would love to have one for my Hunter. Have yet to find anyone willing to take on the project.

Respectfully

10mmjunkie

You still might have breach face issues in the Hunter. EAA sells all caliber 6'' barrels. $190.

Jim Milks at Innovative Custom Guns jim@innovativecustomguns.com reamed my 9mm barrel to 9x23 Win.

Rich Dettelhouser at Cayon Creek rich@canyoncreekcustom.com can do it all!

Both of these Smiths do excellent for on all Tangfolio guns!

IF

They have the correct reamer to go to 357Sig

Let us know what you find out.. That's the only conversion i don't have that i'd like to get done.

davids,

Great info. Will look at picking up a 9mm barrel next month. Believe the breach face for 357 SIG and 10mm are the same. Hope to have it finished this summer. Will post my results.

Thanks,

JW