Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carrying MKA 1919 or Saia mags

Probably switching to Open class and running an MKA this year. How does everyone carry their MKA/Saiga mags for 3gun?

Thanks for your help and ideas!

I use an Arrendondo magazine coupler and that is sufficient 90% of the time. I also have mags with belt clips on them from R&R for when 25 rounds is not enough.

Pat

Jim, will your mags fit in the M1 carriers? I have 4 of your mags on order. I have 4 5 rounders too. I plan on coupling one pair of your 10 rounders. Maybe put belt clips on the other two.

Need something to hold a couple 5 rounders, maybe the M1 carriers would be good for that.

Not sure if 4 10 rounders and the 5 s will get me through the MGM Iron Man. Some pretty heavy round count stages. How many mags do you guys typically take to a match like the Iron Man?

Thanks so much for the input! Sorry to sound like such a newb, I've always shot Limited and S. Tac. And this is my first foray into Open.

http://sinistralrifleman.com/2011/04/25/3gun-trooper-vest/

For Ironman I have 8 or 10 mags with me (in case they break), carry 4 on my vest + 1 in the gun, and normally use 3-5 per stage. If I need more than that they get put on tables or in a shoulder bag I can throw on with the vest. The Most I've ever used was 7 per stage and that was with switching loads back and forth.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

How will the Gen 2 mags affect the carry options? By that I mean the steel body fits in my SKD belt carrier but with the 2 round mags and the size diff of the extension may make some options better than others. I have a leg rig from the vest guy that I used for Saiga mags and fits gen one mag shoud fit the gen 2. Myself I dont need to carry more that 2 (usually) high caps after the beep presuming Im toped off at the start.

http://www.thevestguy.com/product.asp?id=10220

I also found the SKD M1A belt carrier works well for a 5 rounder but on the belt it makes a 10 rounder too high.

Im still interested in how they couple together and a shell stop.

I like the Safariland but it seems you have to buy a whole new modular belt setup and cant use my CR Speed Holster for pistol and existing mag carriers. Is there another Safariland option for stand alone carriers?

Edited by Kent Grewe

http://sinistralrifleman.com/2011/04/25/3gun-trooper-vest/

For Ironman I have 8 or 10 mags with me (in case they break), carry 4 on my vest + 1 in the gun, and normally use 3-5 per stage. If I need more than that they get put on tables or in a shoulder bag I can throw on with the vest. The Most I've ever used was 7 per stage and that was with switching loads back and forth.

Id love to shoot that match and that long of a stage. Too far for me till the powerball thing works out. :cheers: