Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AP carbon fiber hanguards

TomMcC

This looks like the one my gunsmith has on his rifle. If it's the same, it seems okay and the price is good. It wasn't my favorite (not too much into the carbon) but for lightweight handguards, it seems good. Did it feel too thin to you? I am also wondering how strong they are...

This looks like the one my gunsmith has on his rifle. If it's the same, it seems okay and the price is good. It wasn't my favorite (not too much into the carbon) but for lightweight handguards, it seems good. Did it feel too thin to you? I am also wondering how strong they are...

I talked to AP today. The handguard is 2in accross. No, it felt just fine in my hand, some of the newer handguards are smaller than 2in. Aaron at AP verified that the 15in. does weigh 6 oz. including the mount. He also mentioned that only one person has ever returned one but not because it broke. Hopefully someone will come along here and relate his experience.

I got my 15" 2 weeks ago. Love the light weight and it stays cool no matter what. It will move slightly but not enough to matter-Im guessing all 15" have some leverage working. I dont know how durable but its supposed to be incredibly strong AND AP is a good dude and am sure he will make good if any reasonable problem encountered.

The AP Custom carbon handguards are great pieces if you like the carbon feel and weight. I use 15" AP's on all my rifles and can't wait to get one for my LR-308.

He'll soon have an added grippy solution for those of us that don't like the smooth feel of the carbon (that will work on Aluminum handguards too I suppose).