Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timing Titan Comp

BigBets

Guys

Do you know when installing the titan comp should it be timed to the 1 or 2 clock position to counteract the up and right recoil of the AR or do people just time it normally with the top gas ports at 12 o clock

Thanks in advance

Jacob

I ran mine straight up. Didn't experience much, if any lateral jump. Pretty much just lays there. FYI, the first time you shoot it, will feel really violent even though the sight won't really be moving. My eyeballs actually rattled in my head. You'll get accustomed to it very quickly though. Also, keep up on your cleaning. the shape of the ports is what makes the Titan effective, but that same shape is what will cause the Titan to load up with carbon. I didn't notice it at first and then when I did, it was quite a chore to clean it out. I couldn't even scratch the carbon and was ultimately forced to soak it in kroil for a week. Keep up on your cleaning and it shouldn't be a problem.

The Titan has to be tuned to the rifle and shooter's style. A properly tuned Titan between 1 and probably closer to two for a right handed shooter will be a lot more effective than one that is not tuned. It is no coincidence that the Titan is the choice of the majority of top 3 gun shooters !

It is no coincidence that the Titan is the choice of the majority of top 3 gun shooters !

Please show me results from major matches last year that support this claim. Of the 1/2 dozen majors I shot last year, I would estimate I saw as many Surefire, Rolling Thunder, and JP comps as Titans, even within the top shooters.

Edited by Bryan 45

How dare you confuse his claim with facts!

J/K... :lol:

Puma, Thank you for your support!! I'm a big fan of the Titan also, but there are quite a few Surefires, JP's, and Thundercomps in the winner's circle too.

Erik

Edited by Bear1142