Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock limted gun

Harmon

is a glock 35 or 24 too light to be competitive against the STI guns?

suppose you have a G24 and tungsten guild rod, and big brass heavy magwell. will this bring up the wieght much...

with a glock you would have to load them shorter than STI but seems that would be a blessing in disguise as you use less powder to make major, but you cant use the real quick stuff that lots of people like...

winchester factory "value pack" 40s make major right??

I have made up my mind i want a limited gun instead of open gun, i shoot G34 in production and i see no problems with it..its a big gripped gun but i have fairly large hands.

im looking at used G22, caspian G24 stainless slide... some trigger work to get it sweet and bar-sto barrel to shoot any bullet i fancy..

BTW if you are gonna put a 3.5 pound connnector in your G-lock, get the ghost rocket. its not drop in but it has a overtravel control tab that you fit to your pistol.

i have my G34 set up with NO overtravel. this cut the reset distance in half and with just some minor polishing of trigger parts, i get about a 2.75 pound pull thats still glock reliable..(no light primer hits)

the limited g-lock i speak of will have a lightened striker and a reduced power striker spring in an effort to get it in the 2 pound range. i assume i will have to use federal primers unless i like hearing click instead of bang at the match.

Can we still get the G24? or am i better of with rebarreling a 35?

i can get a used LE glock for 300 dollars. i figure i could have a limited gun for less than a grand, a good limited gun at that.

also looking into a para,

any thoughts?

harmon

is a glock 35 or 24 too light to be competitive against the STI guns?

No. But, shooting a light gun, the shooter has to develop their grip and stance...likely, to a greater degree than with a heavier gun. (IMO)

but you cant use the real quick stuff that lots of people like...

I use TG and 180's. With an after-market barrel (KKM or Barsto), that has a bit more case support, you can use just about anything that is resonable.

Yes. Of course, you should chrono to make sure they make it out of your gun.

i can get a used LE glock for 300 dollars.

If you don't buy it, let me know. (Or, if you do, and want to make a quick $25 on it, let me know.)

Flex, sorry bout the explicit post you deleted, MM just makes me angry.

im not tellin you where im gonna get a used LE glock for 300, but i will tell you where you can get a ex LE G22 used for 330 dollars.

www.aimsurplus.com they have them for 330, but of course you have to have it transferred through an ffl.

speaking of used glocks, a friend of mine bought a G17 with two hi cap mags (not FML) for 250 dollars....used from a texas parks and wildlife guy...

the reason it didnt sell too quickly is he told all the uspsa shooters it was the ported gun, it wasnt

as for the aftermarket barrel, the better support comes from the chamber being cut tighter than the G-lock chamber, right? as far as i can tell Glock chambers are cut loose to make them feed nearly anything....they are not unsupported like a regular ole 1911 in 38 super...

seems the new glocks have slightly tighter chambers than the older ones. my g34s rifling looks diff than the two other 9mm glocks i have seen....looks more lands and grooves than polygonal...but still doesnt shoot lead at all.

i like glocks and can make mine really sing..12 yard plate rack and a popper in 3.79 seconds with sleepy 1.5 second draw.

9X19 just isnt gonna score major so i am looking for a 40 caliber gun... i need to buy the LE glock and put a caspian/KKM upper on it

Flex, what do your brass look like after being fired in aftermarket barrel? what kind of trigger voodoo did you do? or is it box stock? glock shoots really good and if i can get a G-lock/Caspian limited gun for under a grand while a S_I goes for 1600+

well seems like i got a glock project on my hands i will post pics when i get started.

as for the aftermarket barrel, the better support comes from the chamber being cut tighter than the G-lock chamber, right?

I believe the aftermarket barrels have more support at the six o'clock position. If you look around on GlockTalk, you can likely find some pictures that members there have posted.

i need to buy the LE glock and put a caspian/KKM upper on it

I wouldn't be afraid to use the stock barrel (no lead). Careful reloading and a safe load.

What's the Caspian slide needed for?

what kind of trigger voodoo did you do?
Check out the FAQ's in the Glock section for trigger work links. My info is likely in there somewhere too.
is it box stock?

My setup (and others) is listed in the Glock section.

Do a search and you'll find all that info...and more...

No need to spend a grand.

OK thanks flex, not nearly as many G-lock limited shooters out there(at least not in texas) as there are S_I and para.

I want a 24 slide, but seems its hard to get a 24 here,, maybe not i guess i really need to look hard.

but as i start to think about it, my 34 aside from having a touch lighter trigger shoots not too much better than the 17s i have shot,, makes me think if its even worth changing slides...i dont know ho much the longer sight radius really helps...

the factory glock slide will work good enough...that means 300 dollar glock, some trigger work, aftermarket barrel and a set of sights(the ones on the gun in question are plastic and pretty worn) i could have a 500 dollar limited gun that doesnt require me sell the farm!

when you gun costs 500 dollars, the cost of 140 mm mags can catch up fast...sad this day in america when you can tie up the cost of a gun in 5 magazines. :angry:

$500 Limited gun...now your talking!!! :)

If you can wait (and shoot Limited 10 until then), the 94 crime bill might sunset...then you should be able to buy some full-capacity mags without the extra $$.

yeah if the AWB doesnt sunset, looks like more of the same...Good thing i have a half dozen glock high cap 40s that the tubes were damaged beyond repair...I guess i will have to buy some new tubes to replace them with(assuming the AWB doesnt sunset)

this may be a thread drift, but i saw a man at the GSSF match in texas shooting a limited glock.. his magazines were blaze orange with dawson silver pads..kinda tacky looking but kinda cool also.. he claimed the mags were training mags he picked up in california for like 25 dollars each..fully metal lined factory glock high cap 40....nice find.. i guess if you didnt like orange, you could paint them :P

The organge mags seemed to get brought to the GSSF matches by the Glock people. We have a couple for the G20. They work great.

Scherer replacement tubes can be made to work (there is a thread or two about that on here...and on GT)

harmon,

I'll chime in here.

My KKM 35 barrel does have more support (@ 6 o'clock) than the factory. I've used both and either works fine. I went with the aftermarket for that extra bit of security.

My unloaded g35 weighs in at 32 oz. I believe that the S_I's run 30-40 oz. So you can get a glock up to "competition" weight.

But if you have solid fundamentals, you can shoot at the same level with a lighter gun. Dave Sevigny does. I can run near identical times with my bone stock g19 as compared to my 35.

The nice thing about glock is that their are alot of options (many times less expensive) for Glocks.

I want a 24 slide, but seems its hard to get a 24 here,, maybe not i guess i really need to look hard.

Glockmeister.com has 24 slides or

any other stock part you might need.

What's the Caspian slide needed for?

Forget the Caspian slide. I've seen three people buy them, have major problems and end up getting rid of them or paying hundreds of dollars trying to get them to run. I like to load up my mags and shoot. A gun that doesn't run is simple not worth my time.

Any name brand factory ammo, I've chronoed from my 35 has made Major. Most often it runs 175-185 pf.

as for the aftermarket barrel, the better support comes from the chamber being cut tighter than the G-lock chamber, right?

My KKM has a slightly tighter chamber. As for chamber, that has little to do for support. It's the unsupported part (which is slight on a factory barrel) of the case that bulges fired brass.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to BE! It really is THE place to get good info on shooting.

310 dollars for just the slide??? makes the caspian look cheap... and the g22 slide look even better. i guess what i really need to do is find someone with a G24 they dont want and releive them.

im gonna get me a limited gun on milk money...flex would be proud...

lookin like G22 KKM or bar sto barrel, sights, trigger, mag well, 4 high caps, and some of that TruGrip tape or lots of skateboard tape....then i will just shoot the damn gun, not worry bout anything else.

Harmon

I shot a Glock 35 in limited for 2 years. You can be very competitive with them if you set them up right. Sounds like you are on the right track weight wise. Get the light recoil spring from Kartozian...I can't remember what weight it is and the full length tungsten guide rod. I used Montana Gold 200gr bullets and it seemed to shoot much flatter than with 180's. My $.02 worth.

Nick