Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used Dillon 450 Pricing Estimates

I am looking at a used Dillon 450 for a friend and trying to figure out a fair price without ripping either the seller or the buyer off. I have reloaded before on my dad's press (550), but I'm by no means an expert. I am looking to getting my own 550, but it would be new.

I tried looking at ebay, craigslist, etc. for 450 prices, but there are a wide range of values and options that appear to be listed in some ads but not in others.

The one I am looking at has:

-automatic primer system

-automatic powder measure system

-automatic ejector system

It also has carbide dies for 45 acp, which is most likely the planned use for this press.

Thanks,

Doug

Since that press has everything that a 550 would have except for the removeable toolhead, I'd probably be willing to give $250-275 for it by itself. If the dies have value to you, then you could up that by another $25.

Dillon will send you a 550 frame for approximately $95 that will feature the removeable toolhead.

I just had to pass on an offer of a 450 for $150, but it was a very old one without any automatic features. It still had the manual primer and manual powder systems from the original 450, so it was going to cost me just over $270 to get it up-to-date. I could buy a brand-new one for $20 more and not have to spin nary a wrench....

$100 no more.

Otherwise you are better to get a new 550 from Brian.

I'd buy every single one I could find at a $100 like the OP is asking about

-automatic primer system

It also has carbide dies for 45 acp

I am looking at a used Dillon 450 for a friend and trying to figure out a fair price without ripping either the seller or the buyer off. I have reloaded before on my dad's press (550), but I'm by no means an expert. I am looking to getting my own 550, but it would be new.

I tried looking at ebay, craigslist, etc. for 450 prices, but there are a wide range of values and options that appear to be listed in some ads but not in others.

-automatic primer system

It also has carbide dies for 45 acp, which is most likely the planned use for this press.

Thanks,

Doug

I bought one six months ago with those upgrades (missing the primer magazine tube) and an extra small powder bar for $100.