Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is TG win super lite in a diff can?

Harmon

seems like i have shot both of them,(mainly in shotguns) and the loads are almost identical and produce identical results. is this a result of winchester selling WSL to hodgdon?

lets see whats the same

HP38 and 231

296 and H110

540 and HS6

HS7 and 571

seems like TG is a little more blasty than super lite in pistols, skeet load tell no difference.

whatchoo think?

I've shot over 6 lbs of TG, probably 25 lbs of WSL.

They look the same, weigh the same for equal volume, smell the same, and shoot to the exact same velocity with an equal charge. They're made in the same factory.

However, the label on the can is different.

"Same powder, different name" looks like a great topic to pin at the top of the reloading section!

I read here on the forum that Universal and the new formula of Unique had something in common; was it Jeff Maass that suggested the comparrison? I do not recall. I brought the idea up on glocktalk in '03 & was branded a heretic!

Isn't there a Ramshot powder that was formerly sold by Winchester?

This could be a very useful FAQ. C.

HERESY! Be careful with this topic B)

Some people get really testy, well, they did at Glocktalk anyway :rolleyes:

After calling Western Powder Co, they confirmed that Ramshot Silhouette is WAP(win action pistol). I also have concluded the Titegroup appears identical in my testing, chronoing, accuracy, etc. as my beloved SuperLite. I have been told that it has an additive to it, so it is not the "same" as Superlite, but sure seems damn close to me. I dont care what they call it, I like it. Seems like all I load anymore is CLAYS and Titegroup. 8lbers go a long way......... :lol:

yes, i now know i can get WAP again, i have been shootin it in my 9mms and it shoots great, a smite dirty, but still shoots good.

i plan on building a dedicated 9mm steel comp gun, WAP works great in them.

WSL and TG may not be te same, but they are interchangeable. i just believe they added a flash suppressant. both powders seem "blasty" in 9mm and 45.

No, it's not. In a discussion with Mike Daley at Hodgdon, he told me that Titegroup was developed exclusively for Hodgdon. And this is the same guy who told me that HP38 and W231 are the same powder in different cans, so obviously he's not afraid to admit it if a Hodgdon powder is identical to something else.

After finding this forum, I switched to Titegroup in my .45. So, many of you say that it is "blasty" (can't disagree). I would really love to know which powder everyone thinks is the least "blasty", because it would really help my shooting. I'm not trying to hi-jack your thread, but I've got to know. And I agree, TG and WSL have got to be the same powder.

When I shot .45, straight Clays was great; if you shoot 200 grn TMJ/jacketed, you may need to exceed Hodgdon's book load to make major. If you are not comfortable with that, you might try VV N310 or even N320,

straight clays, winchester super target...

i use 3.8 clays and a 230lead and in texas it makes 179pf.

jacketed 230s require 4.0 in my gun they make 170 pf...

for the 200s, especially the jackted bullets, you might have to cook the books a little to make major.. no big deal its not the extra pressure that batters your 45 with +p ammo, its the extra slide velocity...

4.5 and a lead 200 swc make major with clays....i havent really fooled around with WST too much..i do know it has a softer report than clays recoil is softer too

BTW either of these two is much cleaner than TG...but not that TG is a bad 45 powder....it just gets used for shotshells at my house.