Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith and Wesson Customer Service.

RevolverJockey

This morning I spent 20 minutes waiting on the phone to order a new Patridge front sight for my 627 PC. After explaining a few times which sight I want and that I did not want the one with the gold bead I am fairly convinced we have found the right one in the computer. I give them all my details and credit card infomation - $27ish shipped - so far so good. She said the part was in stock but because they were doing inventory this weekend it would not go out until next week. I politely asked if the part was made to sell and was available to sell, why I needed to wait until after inventory to receive my part? She explained if it was an emergency, I could have it sent out now but if it wasn't I would have to wait till Monday or Tuesday. I told her I didn't know what a gun part order emergency was and that I would like to cancel my order(I did visualize being stuck in the house with zombies swarming around clawing at the windows and me needing a hammer mainspring to get my only firearm functioning - that would be an emergency).

I admit there are times when vendors and manufacturers are unavailable - shot show comes to mind as production comes to a halt many times to support these PR events, but a large operation like SW with a parts and customer service/sales department should never use the logic of "We need to keep this a bit longer so it can be counted before we can sell it" Just my opinion.

I guess I am back to filling the hole in my existing one or getting one from Warren.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

The number for the Black Patridge Dovetail sight is 245630000. The Dovetail sight is not the same thing as the spring loaded easy to change sight which is a Classic style. I make the Classic style but not the Dovetail style.

Warren,

I believe if I remember from the last time we spoke, I need the spring loaded quick change classic style. This is for the same 627 I posted a picture of before:

467744b3.jpg

In the event I can't find something to fill the hole with, where is the thread located for me to order one? Thanks,

Lee

I may be in the minority but can not see why waiting till Monday or Tuesday for a part to ship was such a big deal for you. Seems like their customer service was fine because she explained to you why the part would not be shipping until then. Now it looks like you will have to order from another company or try to install another type of site and it will probably end up taking longer than just getting the first part you canceled. Just my .02

I may be in the minority but can not see why waiting till Monday or Tuesday for a part to ship was such a big deal for you. Seems like their customer service was fine because she explained to you why the part would not be shipping until then. Now it looks like you will have to order from another company or try to install another type of site and it will probably end up taking longer than just getting the first part you canceled. Just my .02

Don't misread my intent, I would probably rather just get the sight from Warren anyway as a custom made one is the only option if not shipped directly from Smith. What I found comical was that she told me it was right there on the shelf in stock, but couldn't be shipped because of a need to inventory it. A week is certainly not a long time to wait, as it could have been backordered or discontinued. I have no problem waiting and am not really in a hurry - it was not THAT she shipping was being delayed, it was WHY the shipping was being delayed. I would rather give my money to someone else when I get a reply like that.

Lee

I'm in Protocall Design in the vendor tents. I had forgotten about the other picture, too much going on. You are correct - that is the classic style. I have a black .125 x .250 ready to ship.

Usually the guys doing the inventory are the same people that pick, pack and ship. Gotta get it done quickly so you can get back to business and it has to be done for tax purposes for my company. If you're not shooting in the world championships a few days delay for a small part shouldn't be an issue. I'm pleased she told you the truth instead of something BS like it's out of stock but we'll have it next week. I score it +2 points for S&W. :cheers: