Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally starting to get it

robkroupa

So last week I had a horrible match, couldn't concentrate, couldn't hit the targets, and don't think I ever saw my front sight. I had been making a lot of progress in planning stages and in my movement but that last match really threw me off. I figured it was time to try something new, I told myself that I could move as fast as I wanted but I wouldn't pull the trigger unless I was sure I could "see what I needed to see" no matter how long it took me to break my shots. And what do you now... I saw my sights, I got my hits, I really wasn't that slow, and I won Production.

It's also really nice to have a baseline for what a "good stage" should feel like. Before this my best stage was at a steel shoot, got a great time but when I heard "unload and show clear" I wasn't sure who had been shooting the gun in my hands. Now I know how it should feel and how it should "look" through my eyes. :cheers:

First thing to do is accept the fact that regardless of what you do there will be bad days. Happens to everyone so don't fret about it. Just take note of what happened and spend extra time in that area and move on. Turn a negative into something positive. If you spend time worrying about the screw up it will only make matters worse. Just remember a bad day at the range is better than most good days elsewhere.

I went through the same thing. Over and over and over i found that I would have a great plan for the COF in front of me, and after that 1st shot.....the plan went to total crap. I got so frustrated with myself because I knew I could be better than I was. Finally had to ask myself....."how bad could it be? Youre still shotting instead of working, arent you?".

Good on you!! I've taken the fast as hell approach. As an A open shooter, it just doesn't cut it. When I focus on my plan, prep good, shoot A's, and relax, it flows. Convincing myself of this over and over has been a battle. I'm stubborn, and balls to the wall is fun right?

Check out match results for IN04 on Uspsa. I'm 6th in Open at 90%. Guy that won had never shot Open before. He beat a Master, several A's and well, everyone. Check his hits compared to all us SPEEDY types.

This is PROOF of getting the hits. Yes, I'll probably always battle the SPEED focus, but I'll never forget this match. I'll use it to Tempur my focus. Alphas at my natural speed, nothing more, nothing less.

Once again, kudos to you!!!

Edited by Chris iliff