Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting ICORE....

Hey Guys,

We are thinking of starting ICORE matches at my home club. I've read through the rule book and watched a bunch of you tube and even drawn a couple of stages. Would you guys care to share a few stages and/or tips and tricks to get started? We regularly run USPSA and IDPA but all the wheelgunners normally only play in IDPA.

Thanks,

Matt McArthur

Welcome abord. ICORE is a great way for wheelgunners to enjoy themselves.

Stage design is pretty easy keeping everything six (6) shot neutral. Keep it an even field of play. It shouldn't matter if guys are shooting 8 - 10 shot revolvers. Stage design ballances everything out.

Just go buy the rule book. When you deside to be a club they will send you a number of stage designs to help you get going.

If you thing a stage is too easy push the targets back 5 yards.

Make the match fun. Good luck

Hey Guys,

We are thinking of starting ICORE matches at my home club. I've read through the rule book and watched a bunch of you tube and even drawn a couple of stages. Would you guys care to share a few stages and/or tips and tricks to get started? We regularly run USPSA and IDPA but all the wheelgunners normally only play in IDPA.

Thanks,

Matt McArthur

See if you can dig up some of the old Postal Matches. Those stages are easy to setup and challenging.

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Matt McArthur

See if you can dig up some of the old Postal Matches. Those stages are easy to setup and challenging.

Directions for setting up the 2010 International Postal is still available online at http://www.icore.org/pdf/2010_ICORE_International_Postal_Match.pdf (others may also be out there, this one came up quickly with a search). Paul Kennedy from Australia does a great job designing and organizing the postal matches, which typically are available to be shot from September through December. These matches are a great way to expose your buddies to ICORE and generate interest in maybe starting a club, which is very easy to do. Classifier stages are also available for download from the ICORE site (see How to Get Classified). Good luck!

Thanks guys, Bubber also offered to send me some stages. I've drawn a few but they end up looking like USPSA field courses....

I'll look for the postal match and IRC stages. Hopes this takes off, I think it would be fun.

Thanks guys, Bubber also offered to send me some stages. I've drawn a few but they end up looking like USPSA field courses..........

Looking like a USPSA field course is very acceptable, make it shootable in many different ways and arrays of 9 hits work wonders. Or just make it a little more difficult shot for the 8 shots to use the extra shot, but doable. Remember the edge is thinner and steeper if you trip down the slope in ICORE. :ph34r: E-mail sent. later rdd

Edited by Bubber

Correct. I usually like to limit the number of steel targets shot from a position to 5 so the 6-shooters have 1 make up round available if they need it. Having 6 or 9 shots on paper from a position also helps keep the playing field level -- that way either no one or everyone will be making a reload. You can also design your stages so targets are engageable from more than one position (through use of free fire zone and vision barriers, or optional engagement from more than one shooting box), which provides options on how many targets are engaged and from where. The "6 round neutral" requirement isn't tightly defined in the rulebook, but the idea is to avoid designing stages where capacity above 6 provide a big advantage.