Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon shipping rates

I was on the Dillon site and was about to order a set of dies and I clicked the shipping rate to Iowa. It showed $15 for an item that will fit in a USPS flat rate box for $4.99. That's 3X the shipping rate it could be. Is that really taking care of the customer or price gouging? I want to order a Super Swaging tool but again, it's $15 UPS and could probably fit in a flat rate box. I really like all the Dillon products I have, but I don't see the justification for choosing to ship it UPS over USPS and save the customer money.

I was on the Dillon site and was about to order a set of dies and I clicked the shipping rate to Iowa. It showed $15 for an item that will fit in a USPS flat rate box for $4.99. That's 3X the shipping rate it could be. Is that really taking care of the customer or price gouging? I want to order a Super Swaging tool but again, it's $15 UPS and could probably fit in a flat rate box. I really like all the Dillon products I have, but I don't see the justification for choosing to ship it UPS over USPS and save the customer money.

just order from brian

its $8.99 shipping for a set of dies and the super swage

Edited by justinbaker

It is shipping and handling

For as quick and follow up emails on shipping status I think it is fair.

I just placed an order got confirmation email, got email on ups tracking info and expected delivery date

None of that comes with a flat rate box.

Plus I can't tell how many times a broken part or piece was shipped by them at no cost and here 2 days later.

just order from brian

its $8.99 shipping for a set of dies and the super swage

+1

I hate when they are sending you free parts and then if you would like to order something small they charge you about $10.00 for shipping.

Don't you just hate all those free parts with free shipping? For shame Dillon! :devil:

I hate when they are sending you free parts and then if you would like to order something small they charge you about $10.00 for shipping.
Don't you just hate all those free parts with free shipping? For shame Dillon! :devil:

anim_rofl2-1.gif