Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frangible Ammo

firemantj

Not exactly sure if this is the best place to post this, but I can't think of anywhere else.

I have an upcoming match that requires frangible ammo. Does anyone know the best place to get it? So far, what I have found is that it generally runs almost 2 times as much as FMJ's.

Any help?

Sounds like they are going to require the frangible rounds for any steel to me.

Brian

Is this something you guys see alot? This is the first time with this particular requirement. Maybe it has something to do with the fact it is a LEO/Fire competition.

They are requiring it for the full match? The only time I have shot frangible was in the close quarters shoot houses at Gunsite Academy.

Yes. It's actually three different matches. There is a low light combative pistol match, a practical shooting match, and a three gun match.

None of which are run by any type of rule set that I have ever heard of before.

• 1 month later...

They are requiring it for the full match? The only time I have shot frangible was in the close quarters shoot houses at Gunsite Academy.

Yes. It's actually three different matches. There is a low light combative pistol match, a practical shooting match, and a three gun match.

None of which are run by any type of rule set that I have ever heard of before.

If you're still looking, Midway has Remington CTF Frangible Bullets 9mm Luger (355 Diameter) 90 Grain Flat Nose Box of 500 (Bulk Packaged) on sale until 05/15/2012. $35.49 plus S&H

midwayusa.com/product/930807/remington-ctf-frangible-bullets-9mm-luger-355-diameter-90-grain-flat-nose-box-of-500-bulk-packaged

.midwayusa.com/find?&promotionid=569393