Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tackdr1ver's Highway to Hell

tackdr1ver

I'm reading it! I gotta keep ahead of you newer guys!! Congrats on your SV! Is it brand new, or new to you? Either way, SWEET!

Like your motivation, it's contagious. Makes me want to get up and gun up and this is a scheduled day off. I do think you are right. I've got this little saying, "Gun in hand, preps my plan". We don't have to do the same thing every day with the gun, just do something with it.

Congrats on your B card. That was a tuff one for me. I sweated that puppy for almost 4 seasons. My advice is learn to move. Spend lots of time on it. Study all the video of the great GM's you can find.

You are very lucky to have a Coach. Take full advantage of that situation. Friending a GM is gonna pay back huge. It's taken me almost 8 years to find one willing to be a friend, ha! Actually, I came on the scene in Indiana as USPSA was getting popular here. There weren't any GM's around. My buddies and I are all A or M's.

Well, now that I've wrote a book, feel free to visit my range diary and do the same. Fourtrax's Range Report.

Take care and keep practicing!!

I'm reading it! I gotta keep ahead of you newer guys!! Congrats on your SV! Is it brand new, or new to you? Either way, SWEET!

Like your motivation, it's contagious. Makes me want to get up and gun up and this is a scheduled day off. I do think you are right. I've got this little saying, "Gun in hand, preps my plan". We don't have to do the same thing every day with the gun, just do something with it.

Congrats on your B card. That was a tuff one for me. I sweated that puppy for almost 4 seasons. My advice is learn to move. Spend lots of time on it. Study all the video of the great GM's you can find.

You are very lucky to have a Coach. Take full advantage of that situation. Friending a GM is gonna pay back huge. It's taken me almost 8 years to find one willing to be a friend, ha! Actually, I came on the scene in Indiana as USPSA was getting popular here. There weren't any GM's around. My buddies and I are all A or M's.

Well, now that I've wrote a book, feel free to visit my range diary and do the same. Fourtrax's Range Report.

Take care and keep practicing!!

Hey Chris, thanks for stopping by. The SVI is new to me I found it here in the classifieds. It shoots pretty darned sweet, much better than I do.

Thank you again for your kind words, getting to B was a chore. My coach said that 90% of people who come into this sport never make it any higher than C because they refuse to put the work in(took me a year and change). I didn't want to be that guy so I started hitting it pretty hard with dry fire and live fire. It's hard work but worth it. There have been times I was feeling burned out but I kept pushing(probably too much) through it.

Definitely agree, very lucky to have a good coach. I don't always understand what he is doing or why he is having me do something, as soon as I just do it it starts making sense. Now the race is on for A class but first, I need to become a real solid B and do some work! I'll be checking your diary out and keeping an eye on you!

Good job on making B class. I can tell your drive and determination will get you to A soon enough. Maybe you can give me a lesson.

:cheers:

Thanks Geoff! Working hard pays off man. You are going to shoot Sunday, right?

Today is match day! I missed last month's Ant Hill USPSA match and I am quite excited to attend this match. In my opinion, Ant Hill puts on the best USPSA match around. The matches at Ant Hill are typically very challenging for my skill sets with lots of long shots, tight positions and no-shoots.

Today the objective is: Go out like a GANGSTA: Cool, calm, collected and shoot a solid match. I need to shoot my own game, go out for as many possible points and, avoid penalties. Use active visualization, conduct detailed walk-throughs and plan my entries and exits. Also, Identify my marks and get to the shooting. Also, going to try and not get hung up in chatter and the like, need to stay focused. So if I act like a dick today, I don't mean it, just trying to keep my head in the game.

Got back to a little dry fire the past two days after pulling a muscle in my forearm, I didn't want to push it and make it worse. I have no idea how I pulled it but, it freaking hurts! Still a little tender, but I am able to shoot. I had the week off my coach was talking about(i was trying to avoid taking any time off) due to pulling the muscle. Time to get back to work. Note to self: DO WORK SON!

Also, have a new dry fire schedule created by my Coach, looking forward to it. I was getting bored with the old stuff.

I'm sure others read this. If I were your age I would be doing the same thing as you. You have the speed and agility to reach your goals. Keep up the good work !

Thank you Paul, I appreciate the kind words! See you next match

Ok so here's a quick blurb about today's match:

Overall today was a decent match I finished 3rd overall and 2nd in Limited @ 99.815% of a M class shooter.

I was not feeling good for the first three stages, I had some funky stomach thing going on and it was rather hard to concentrate on anything but the gnawing in my gut. I really wanted to execute my entries and exits well today and I felt I did a decent job of doing so. Not 100% but getting much better, it makes a huge difference when you execute entries/exits properly. Accuracy was decent, had some trouble on some head shots which is totally my own fault, I did not practice since adjusting my sights and I chose to set up on a difficult position to save time, live and learn.

Also, I wasted some time on taking extra shots. This has always been an issue for me, need to get away from this, yesterday. The gun ran pretty well, I had one issue where it did not fully go into battery, I believe I induced this. Luckily I was able to get the gun back in action without losing time as I was moving. I missed to really really easy reloads today with sweaty hands. Training point: don't forget the pro grip on a hot day! Having naturally sweaty hands makes it difficult at times.

So today was a mix, some good some bad. I honestly feel like I could have done much better. Just have to keep training hard and things will work themselves out. As the old saying goes: "The more I practice, the luckier I get.."

Edited by tackdr1ver

• 4 weeks later...

So I have been near death, through the ringer and dragged through the mud.

My arm has been been bothering me quite a bit lately. I have pulled a tendon in it. It is painful to grip my gun still.

My stomach has also been acting up. In and out of the hospital, generally feeling like shit.

Finally making a turn for the better, I hope to be back in action soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Geoff, good shooting this past weekend I see you did really well. Wish I could have been there to shoot with everyone!

Some cool news: I am now a USPSA RO, took the class this past weekend. I think knowing the rules better will certainly help.

Well, I am not really back in action yet. Going to start doing turtle speed dry fire over the next week. Hopefully I can shoot the palmetto match this upcoming Saturday! I shot one stage during the RO class and it was evident that I was really really rusty. Moving about 1/4 speed, accuracy was deplorable, couldn't get on my sights like normal & reloads were weak. It will be a long road to get back to where I was before this arm thing started. Going to work hard and get back on track!