Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rule Book

Dan Burwell

I was wondering if anyone here knew when the new rule book is going to be out. The last time I called (April) I was told March first. I am working on a gun and would like to know what all I can do to it and keep it legal. Thanks.

Dan

edited for spelling

I don't think anyone (myself included) here has an inside track on the status at IDPA...

You should call them back and ask if the gun parameters have changed for the division you want to compete/build in.

Then let us know ;)

Until that day,

Mark

OK I just got off the phone with IDPA HQ:

IDPA: IDPA HQ how may I help you?

Me: I was just calling to ask if you had an update on when the new rule book would be available?

IDPA: Nope.

Me: No idea when it might be ready?

IDPA: Nope. We don't know when it will be ready.

Me: The last time I called you mentioned it would be done next month that was 3 months ago, You don't have a guess?

IDPA: Nope.

Me: Is the new rule book going to be in effect for this years Nationals?

IDPA: I don't know. I can't answer that. I don't know if it will be ready then or not.

Me: Thank you for your time.

IDPA: Your welcome. click

So, IDPA no help. :angry:

I've heard a rumor of several AC's, SO instructors and able minded shooters who had gone through the LGB and revised/streamlined a version. Would anyone be able to lay hands on a copy of that for me? I'll refrain from what the response from HQ was. This is all rumor mongering, after all.

JK

I've heard a rumor of several AC's, SO instructors and able minded shooters who had gone through the LGB and revised/streamlined a version. Would anyone be able to lay hands on a copy of that for me? I'll refrain from what the response from HQ was. This is all rumor mongering, after all.

JK

It was done over a year ago. Given to HQ and rejected. End of story. Circulating the rejected revised version would not be constructive at this point.

• 2 weeks later...