Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extractor problem

eeHman

Am I doing something wrong? I have 40 limited and my extractors last about 2000 rounds. I'v been shooting little under 10k with this gun and right now I'm using my fifth extractor. Is this normal for 40 cal?

My 9 mm stock II after 50k rounds still have the original extractor and it works flawlessly. I don't expect extractors to last 50k but under 2000 rounds...

I'm using very fast burning powder for my major loads and my recoil is very snappy. Maybe this got something to do why my extractors wont last longer? Otherwise my gun works flawlessly.

Thank you guys

That's not normal at all.

By any chance do you ever drop the slide on a chamber that has a cartridge on snap cap in it?

I've been using Ramshot Competition for over a year now averaging about a 1000 rounds a month and my extractor is still going strong. Ramshot Competition is #7 in the burn rate list: http://www.hodgdon.com/burn-rate.html

Cha-lee or Nealio may have some tips on how to tune the extractor for optimal fit.

how do you mean it needs replacing? Is it breaking, not extracting..etc.Are you using an extra power extractor spring?

Sorry, it's breaking. Tip of the extractor brakes. I'm using extra power extractor spring.

Sorry, it's breaking. Tip of the extractor brakes. I'm using extra power extractor spring.

by "tip" do you mean the part that hangs down towards the magazine, or the edge that contacts the inset of the case?

how do you mean it needs replacing? Is it breaking, not extracting..etc.Are you using an extra power extractor spring?

With a 1911 or 2011 it might be that the tip of the extractor is hitting the barrel.

Not sure about the Tangfolio, if its set up the same way. Give Rich Dettelhouser

a shout at Canyon Creek. He builds a lot of them. He's in the Vendor Area.