Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

classifiers ?? please explain

Kory

I shot my first USPSA match last saturday, I normally just do some steel shooting. one of the stages was a classifier. I don't understand how they do the rankings, or even what the numbers mean. Anybody got a quick explanation or link to one? They posted results for that stage in both "overall" and then for each subgroup, I was in "limited", but the % was different between the two. Here's what was posted on the results page:

overall for that stage:

KORY 12 U Limited 66 0 16.79 3.9309 58.2931 77.72%

limited for that stage:

KORY 12 U Limited 66 0 16.79 3.9309 71.8997 95.87%

I understand the points, penalties, time, and points/time, but what are the last two numbers? Thanks fellas.

There's a long explanation and a short one. Here's my take at the short one:

THe last 2 numbers are stage points and your % score for that stage. If you meant the last 2 before the %, then the other is your Hit Factor (score divided by time).

The Limited % is your score relative to the top limited shooter in your match.

The Overall % is your score relative to the top shooter in any division in your match (and is "unofficial" since there is not really just a single match according to the rules).

Your class will be based on your hit factor as a % of the national high hit factor.

There are longer explanations on the USPSA website, and in the classifier section on this forum.

Hope that helped,

Kevin

Kevin stated it but these are your "local" percentages. If Todd Jarrert was there welcome to GM class, that's probably not true. You shot 95% of the top Limited run at that club but you probably will see it come out much lower nationally against all Limited runs on file at headquarters.

Those numbers you posted are just numbers to determine local match winners. Just trying to help out.

Every local club in the US turns in the classifier scores to the USPSA and the scores are entered into a single database. All of the scores are compared and ranked the same as you saw in the last number percentage at your local match. Then you will be placed into a class based on your score. As your classifier scores get better you move up throught the ranks. Perhaps a M-card is in your future. ;)

Thanks fellas. It is much more clear now. Hit factor is the number and percents are just based off that, relative to the best local shooter and more importantly, best shooters out there.

Yep, they accidently scored me as major, not minor, so there is some point inflation. Calculating HHF for that stage from somebody else's posted score, and taking into account the extra points, I figure that I scored middle C class.