Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Magazine base plate source?

ChrisW

I have several mags that have cracked base plates and was looking for some new ones and the only ones I found are the aluminum ones for about $20 -$25 each. Anyone found any that are cheaper and more like the stock ones? I called Springfield and they do not sell just the base plates. I really didn't want to spend $20 each when new mags are not much more than that and I don't extended base's as this is a production gun I am shooting.

Thanks,

Chris

I found those, but I only need the base plate and not everything else. I still cannot believe that someone is not selling these for about $3 or $4 each somewhere.

Chris

I would buy the CC repair kits and then put a slam pad on the bottom to keep them from cracking again. I drop my mags onto concrete regularly and have never cracked a base. Mags and mag parts are consumable parts and need to be replaced from time to time. I don't think you'll find just the base anywhere.

Hah -- I was in your shoes very recently myself, with my XDm. I think my post might be just a half-page down or so. Too much dropping the mags on the concrete floor of my garage practicing reloads.

Bottom line: no one sells just the plastic base plates. I also tried to find blue mags, but no one sells those yet, either. Free business opportunity for you. The nice aluminum ones are your only option, and while they're very, very nice, for that price, you can get the rebuild kit from Canyon Creek.

However, on the XD Talk forum, a very nice person called kapt_krunch volunteered to send me a handful of base plates, since he had switched over to the Pearce grip extensions, and no longer needed his base plates.

He sent me six of them, and none of them work for my XDm -- I think they're XD base plates. They are the kind of base plates (I think) that require a locking plate, I'm not sure.

Anyways, they're yours for the asking. PM me your address and I'll send you all six. The only burden I'll place on you is that if you don't use them, then you must offer them to the next guy who comes around asking :D

Oh yeah, get the Pistol Gear slam pads, too!

Edited by speedrrracer

I do have 2 XDm 40 cal base plates I can send you that I have from adding +4's to 2 of my mags. I'll just get your address from the envelope you send and send them out if you want them.

Thanks again,

Chris