Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 guys. Check this PF load please

SERVED_USMC

Im not sure what everyone is running, and this is an inquiry more for a buddy than myself.

Bullet- MG 180gr JHP

OAL- 1.14

Powder- Titegroup @ 4.8

Winchester brass and WSP primers

This will be a Major PF load. 1.14 is about the longest we can go without having feed issues, but loading for my 2011 I run 1.175 and am confident in not having an issue with that powder charge for mine. What can be expected with the shorter OAL and that much powder? The length will probably stay as is, but I dont want to load anything until Im sure about the charge.

seems pretty high with the longer barrel and shorter OAL. Start low and work up. Mine is a 6 inch 2011 and makes major at 4.5 grains with a cushion of 4.6 grains loaded at 1.185 with the shorter load, I would load less and work up. I would try a few each at 4.2 grain, 4.4 grains and 4.6 grains and hit the chrono working from the lowest up. 4.8 seems like a pretty heavty load with that short of an oal

G35 with aftermarket KKM barrel. Couple loads I have used. I like Titegroup powder but it is temp sensitive. VV powder will be more consistent in temp changes.

Range brass and Federal Primers (very good primers for a light stricking Glock)

180 MG CMJ

TiteGroup 4.7gn

1.130 oal

average 945fps x 180gn = 170 pf

86deg

180 MG JHP

VV N320 5.0gn

1.135 oal

average 946fps x 180gn = 170 pf

80deg day

Note: I can't Guarantee the accuraccy of my chrono or my powder charge so use only as a guide.

Here's my load: (This just Got Chrono'd last weekend)

G35 Gen4, STOCK barrel.

Mixed brass

Fed No. 100 SPP

180gr MG CMJ

4.6gr Titegroup

1.135 OAL

.421 crimp

5 shot average was around 930-940 168.5 PF

Temp was 54 degrees.

Wow, does that sound high!

When I was loading 180 jhps to fit in my Glock 35 mags, 4.2 grains of Titegroup made 170pf. :surprise:

What type of weather did you chrono that in? What was the OAL? Like I said, Im used to the long OAL and high powder to make PF out of my 2011 limited gun. So I knew my original guess was probably a little high based on the shorter length needed. Thats why I come here first!

:cheers:

Wow, does that sound high!

When I was loading 180 jhps to fit in my Glock 35 mags, 4.2 grains of Titegroup made 170pf. :surprise:

What type of weather did you chrono that in? What was the OAL? Like I said, Im used to the long OAL and high powder to make PF out of my 2011 limited gun. So I knew my original guess was probably a little high based on the shorter length needed. Thats why I come here first!

:cheers:

I've never noticed any difference at the chrono, with Titegroup, between 35-80 degrees.

I would have to dig around to see if I still have any "short" ammo around for my Glock to see exactly what the OAL was.

For my 2011s, I use 4.7 grains of Titegroup at 1.2" and get about 172 pf.

• 5 weeks later...