Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 mounting base?

My bench is a little old and flexy so I screwed mine to a 12x12x1" steel plate and then bolted that down. No movement at all. That said, I had the plate and a mill. Double thickness of plywwod might help as well

My bench is a little old and flexy so I screwed mine to a 12x12x1" steel plate and then bolted that down. No movement at all. That said, I had the plate and a mill. Double thickness of plywwod might help as well

Did you drill holes through the plate and through your bench for the 4 mount holes on the dillon?

Angus 6 picture please of you swivel mount

Pretty simple but not a swivel, everything is 3/8", circled are 6 set screws to hold plate inplace. Someday I'll paint it and drill divets on all sides for the set screws

002-13.jpg

Edited by angus6

Build your bench well, and it's not an issue.

Mine is a doubled piece of 3/4 inch plywood.

That is the biggest issue with the small footprint of the 1050. If the benchtop is too thin, it will flex...

When I got my 1st 1050, I mounted it on a 3/4" plywood workbench.

I was getting quite a workout while reloading, flexing the whole bench. My forearm looked like Popeye's after a year or so (no spinach needed).

I eventually figured out what was happening, and bolted the press to a butcher-block topped bench. It's been rock-solid ever since.

Edited by Linear Thinker

• 3 years later...

Do a search on inline fabrication. Their web site is inlinefabrication.com. I'm 5'10" and ordered the 4" ultramount. It is perfect for me. The press is as solid as a rock since it doubles the footprint on the bench. If you're taller than I am; you might then want to order the 6" ultramount.

The people in this company are very courteous and professional. The instructions are very detailed. It took me about 2 minutes to set it up. This was a very good investment.

Another thing I got that I'm very happy about is the micrometer, since I like to experiment with different powders. I ordered it from a company called Unique Tek in Arizona (uniquetek.com). I chose to have them install it and am very happy I did. It is an extra $15 but worth every penny! I can now switch from one powder to another and have stored the settings in a spreadsheet. Hence, it only takes me seconds to set it up. That was another good investment!! If you own a Super 1050; you should really get both of the above-mentioned products.

Good luck,

Nick

Edited by NGN

Hope I'm not breaking the rules here. The Inline Fabrication parts are great. Everything I've bought from Dan has been top-notch. That said, I have a 1050 Ultramount and 1050 Ergo handle that I'm not using any longer (both like new). If you're interested, shoot me a PM.