Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FL open

mhop

You shot really aggressively around the 150 mark. (I realize they were close) I would try to push a bit harder on these stages. You just didn’t really look to be in attack mode at all.

There were a couple spots where you had to shift your feet around some in order to get at the targets. I would look at setting up a little bit wider to prevent that.

Looks like some of the steel gave you trouble (accuracy) and some of the swingers were in issue. I don’t know if the sound is in sync or not but it seemed you were shooting a little bit late on those.

Looked pretty good , Matt. I didn't see a whole lot on the first pass. I'll try to throw some stuff out here, but I'll need to watch it again later.

I always have a hard time critiquing the FL Open match. I haven't been to it (weird), so I don't have the reference of having been on the stages myself. Ben talks about being in attack mode, let me ask this...did you feel you were consciously holding in the reigns a bit due to the nature of the match?

Watch the video looking just at your feet and ask if you should leave some of those position in a different manner or not.

Moving reloads...done in one step, perhaps.

One thing that I seen that is costing you seconds on some stages is the lack of aggressive foot movement through the stage when not shooting. Dig in and haul ass when you need to move from point A to point B without shooting. If you can't move faster then the only way to offset it is to shoot faster.

I also agree with Ben on using a wider stance while in the shooting positions to eliminate the foot shuffling.

• 2 weeks later...

hey matt I am pretty big guy too. What i have noticed is we have to work harder at being explosive out of positions. I just put up a video of my last match. Take a look at it. I have to really be aware of my movements from spot to spot. you just have to make the decision to move quick and hard and it will happen. My advice move hard be explosive the shooting looks pretty good.