Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P to get improved trigger?

sniperfrog

You could always just swap in the new parts to your gun. I'm running the Apex Competition AEK in my M&P 9L which I'm mostly satisfied with, but if this new setup includes a new physical trigger that I can use to get an even better production legal trigger setup then I'm all for it :).

That said - from what I've read it sounds like this will mostly be internal parts similar to Apex's RAM and possibly the USB. For people with already upgraded internals I'm not sure this will change much.

The main thing that makes the M&P triggers feel like crap is the stock Firing Pin Block plunger. If they rounded the edges of that more it would make a night and day difference in trigger pull smoothness. I am honestly shocked that they don't do that already. Every time I pick up a box stock M&P and feel the trigger it makes me feel like :sick:

The cool thing about M&P's though is that you can make their triggers feel super kick ass without much work or $$$.

Will the improved trigger be as good as the improved trigger in the Pro? Wait a minute, that trigger sucked. Think I will keep doing Apex until S&W gets serious.

BTW, put a COMPAEK and RAM in my brother's 2 month old 9FS last night. The stock trigger was wild; the take up wasn't gritty, there was an actual break as the striker block moved, very heavy pull, and there was a false reset. Release the trigger after a shot until there was a thump but the trigger was still dead. Had to release trigger at least half its travel to get a reset. All better after Apex.

Edited by mcracco

Anybody reading just remember that fss trigger is illegal for production Uspsa. Sound like putting it on a 40 would make a good limited gun though.

Nathan

Thats kinda the point of Apex getting S&W to offer it as a factory option. Not sure the likelihood, but IF they managed that then the FSS kit would become production legal.

I personally have no interest in running a striker-fired gun in Limited (at least not to the point that I'd actively adjust and build one up for that), but I'd jump at the chance to run FSS in production if Apex managed to get it into factory models.

I just read on another forum that G&R Tactical has some of the new M&Ps with the improved trigger.

My link isn't working, but Grant from G&R said it is an improvement over the previous triggers. He didn't mention what the changes are internally but Grant will post what S&W used when he gets a chance to take one apart.

Edited by sniperfrog

• 2 months later...

I've read on a couple other forums about the M&P possibly getting a trigger upgrade this summer. Anyone have any intel on this?

[]

I can tell you that the new M&P Shield I handled has a much different feel than the trigger on the M&P. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

I think Apex was trying to get Smith to run a batch of pistols with their parts in it from the factory, so it would make the FSS and their actual redesigned trigger legal for production.

Seiichi