Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is switching worth it or stick with what I got?

tackdr1ver

alot would depend on the current skill level one is at, with going from a Glock 35 to the 1911/2011 platform. yes, there is a learning curve and if the switch is made there wouldnt be that much improvement right away, but I think over the long term one could probably move up faster with the 2011 platform.

I thank you for all of the replies and the good advice.

At this point: instead of spending a zillion dollars on a nice blaster, I am sticking with the G35 and I have set up a 6 month training cycle with a GM. I figured the money spent training with a GM would go much farther than a sexy gun any day.

At this point: instead of spending a zillion dollars on a nice blaster, I am sticking with the G35 and I have set up a 6 month training cycle with a GM. I figured the money spent training with a GM would go much farther than a sexy gun any day.

I concur, for what it's worth :blush:

Buying a new gun can't fix your fundamentals. Stage planning and practice are big parts of it. Confidence also plays major role, having a bad stage should not determine how you shoot the other ones. I was always told "slow down to go fast". Good Luck, of course I have told you all this before. :roflol:

Edited by rangerguy

Go for it! I struggled with this myself. I have the whole Glock .40 line for competition (G35 & G22) and carry (G23 & G27). I stuck with that platform because a Glock 22 is what I'm issued at my department and I kept telling myself (and my department RO kept drilling into me...) to stick with what I may have to use.

Well, I always wanted a 1911/2011 platform for Limited and fought off the urge for years. I finally got a used Para 16-40 that had some minor work done on it (hey...I'm a lowly civil servant so S_I's are a bit out of my price range right now). I LOVE MY PARA!! Actually, I love the 2011 wide-body frames!

I can tell you this...it is different! The weight, the balance, the feel. It all takes getting used to. Standing & punching holes in paper it was very accurate. Running & gunning during a match I was shooting low....was because of the weight of the gun and how it pointed for me (it has a full length tungsten/steel guide rod up front) so I had to get used to that. I'm having alot of fun with it now that I practiced a bit with it.

Some folks will put the ole "Indian/Arrow" argument out there. I will agree that if you are a sound shooter with great fundamentals you can do well with any platform. HOWEVER, it's the little details like mag changes, quick first shots, smooth transitions that can place you near the top or bottom of the competitor list. So to some degree it is the arrow because to be ultimately competitive the indian should be completely comfortable with and be able to handle the arrow correctly for optimum performance (and the arrow needs to be reliable!).

Enjoy your new found direction and let 'em rip!!

Z-