Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bit by the little things at a match

vluc

Was shooting a nice match at East Huntindgdon today, lots of rounds, challenging stages, all the good stuff....get to the last stage...a drool fest....30 round field course, lots of barricades and targets with movement side to side, what I like to shoot.

Get up there, LAMR, all set, buzzer off, bang, bang, bang....nothing...tap, rack, bang...with my mind saying "Hold on there, this is a glock, there has to be something else wrong..."

Pistol won't go into battery, we think, squib (maybe, though it did not sound like it). So, I unload and show clear, holster and walk to the safe area to check it.

Can find nothing, no squib, no apparent sign of a problem, so I bag, go back to paste and decide to look at it once I'm home. BTW, did that stage in the best time...2.13 seconds though my hits did suck.... :P

Get home, tear the gun down, bright lights, lots of magnification and what do I find....lint...built up around the end of the chanber on that little rim that runs around it...just enough to stop the gun from chambering...

I have always kept my loading mag in my pocket, guess this pair of shorts just had enough lint to go around....

i don't mind shooting bad if I shoot bad, but to get laid low by lint....how embarassing!

Guest Larry Cazes

I always check my mags for "lint" right after I verify that they are topped up to 20 rounds before they go on to my belt......Just part of my pre stage routine! :D