Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cutting my finger open

et45

This morning while setting up the first stage of this months match I was cutting a strip of tape and the knife cut through the tape and split open my middle finger from the base of the top joint to the fingernail.After a lot of blood all over the ground and tables the match director drove me to the ER.We get a mile down the road and hit a driving rain storm.It turned out that the DR.was able to glue the cut together and not have to stitch it.We got back in time to shoot the match with the second gun shooters(We only had two stages).I did not do too well but I shot for free.The bummer is I will miss 2 or 3 days work this week.

The cut was on my weak hand finger so it did not bother shooting,mag changes were another problem that was the source of my poor performance.I am a bricklayer that is the reason for the missed work,however today I went to WallyWorld and bought a box of foam padded metal splints in assorted lengths so tomorrow I will be back at work.This glue is some good stuff,I might be back up to speed in time for the Thur.night match.

Ow.

This weekend I was helping do some trail building.. and managed to smash my finger between two big chunks of granite... now my fingernail is a passable imitation of the french flag.. and I have a 3-day shooting class next week.  :(