Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice on Nill Griffe GRIPS

Patrick1981

Hi guys

Last summer at the Idpa European Cup here in Italy, I met Jerry Biggs, master SSR.

Before I knew Jerry I had seen his videos on you tube.

He recommended Nill Griffe SW035 for 686, told me that feels very good.

But i never had the possibility to try it beacause he shoot the Cup in CDP.

Living close to Germany, I can find them at an attractive price, what do you think ?

The model is this with closed backstrap and without finger grooves and thumb rest:

Thanks

Here Jerry play with Nill Griffe grips:

post-27397-0-27853600-1329829138_thumb.j

Patrick, I don't have any experience with the Nill Grips so I can be of no help. Grips are a personal preference what works good for me may not work for anyone else. I have heard nothing but good things about the Nill grips though. :cheers:

Edited by Bubber

I'm using Nill grips on a PPC revolver. I like the open back model with the extended pinky grip. I think you'd only want to the closed back if you have really long fingers or are shooting single action only. I like Nill grips and recommend them.

Exactly, I have long finers and I have a better reach of the trigger with closed backstrap.

I tested it with the original S&W rubber grips by Uncle's Mike that I found in the box with my 686 SSR, but this one is with finger grooves and for the speed changes isn't good.

And I prefer wood, but the orginal one is with open backstrap, small for my hand.

I broke down and bought a set a couple years ago, half hoping I wouldn't like them due to the price. The first time I was able to actually fire the gun with the grips on it was in a match, in a classifier. I shot my best classifier ever at that point. So… I kept 'em. :D

USPSA625.jpg

I looked into ordering a set, but my timing was apparently bad, and it would probably be a couple of months to receive them in the States, so I ordered a set of Hogues without finger grooves for my Redhawk. I should see them in about a week.