Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Lubed but .223 cases still stuck

Mike in CT

I just finished processing 300 pcs of brass with no problems. I am using the ziplock bag and generous RCBS spray lube and it works great. I find that when I shake the bag random shells settle neck up so I am able to get some of the spray inside the necks. Everything ran like a charm!

Looking forward to processing (sizing/dillon trimmer) another 1000 pcs this weekend, then on to the reloading!

Mike

Is there such a thing as too much lube? I don't want to waste it but I don't plan on being stingy either.

yep, you can get hydraulic "dents" in the brass from over-lubing, usually show up on the shoulder or just below it from a full length sizing die. The ones I have seen were about 3/16 - 1/4 inch and oval shaped. If you get there, obviously back off the amount of lube a bit and all will be well. I usually load the brass that has the dents and it doesn't seem to hurt anything, (haven't seen any in quite some time) but a BR shooter would probably shudder at the thought...

jj

Where did you get the cases? Are they second hand cases fired from a machine gun? I just resized 500 m-60 308 cases using vegetable oil because of the expanded cases machine guns leave.