Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any stage descriptions available yet?

Shoot lots of Skinny Sammys at very long distances! :devil:

How far were they last year?

I think the longest was about 270 yards.

The longest shot was a Colt Speed Steel. The skinny sammys weren't any longer than 150. Easily managable at that distance.

I will be posting stages shortly.

We will have MGM Recon Targets, IPSC out to 450 yards, Colt Speed steel out to 250 and Sammies out to 80 yards. I forgot about the iron sight guys last year. This eliminates the whinners from having any air time.

:D

We will have MGM Recon Targets, IPSC out to 450 yards, Colt Speed steel out to 250 and Sammies out to 80 yards. I forgot about the iron sight guys last year. This eliminates the whinners from having any air time.

I'll still whine about those colt speed steel anywhere past 200. Snooze fest!!!

we'll always wine.

I shot a 308 bush rifle last year with an aimpoint at the 160yd sammies and the the 250 yard blocked colt speed steel. I thought they were good targets, but that is mostly based on the fact of being prone, off sandbags that we got to punch a few times when we staged the rifle.

I looked up the MGM recon target. The falling/resettable long range target is really good for the sport. However: there is nothing to index on for holdover. And at 450yds, there is a lot of holdover. Maybe it's just me, but I much prefer the MGM flasher. It's wide enough that you can see the flasher on both sides of the blade, and you've got the flasher to index some of your hold over.

again, maybe it's just me, but I love wine...........

we'll always wine.

I shot a 308 bush rifle last year with an aimpoint at the 160yd sammies and the the 250 yard blocked colt speed steel. I thought they were good targets, but that is mostly based on the fact of being prone, off sandbags that we got to punch a few times when we staged the rifle.

I looked up the MGM recon target. The falling/resettable long range target is really good for the sport. However: there is nothing to index on for holdover. And at 450yds, there is a lot of holdover. Maybe it's just me, but I much prefer the MGM flasher. It's wide enough that you can see the flasher on both sides of the blade, and you've got the flasher to index some of your hold over.

again, maybe it's just me, but I love wine...........

I could buy flash targets for the match to make it easier for you whinners, however the cost of just 1 - MGM flash target is one less gun on the prize table. That is why I am taking up the offer of the recon targets to use. However being ever mindful of the shooters, I will check around to see if I can get some flash targets for your shooting enjoyment.

Larry

Okay, I've looked at the stages, I've made a color-coded spreadsheet of all the optional target engagements...and I haven't the faintest clue how I am going to shoot this match. :wacko: This going to be . . . interesting!

Where will registration be?

Hampton in Winchester?

Hampton in Inwood?

At the range?

Banquet this year? Where?

Stages look great!!

Thanks

14" tall MGM Auto Poppers

My link

So must you use all 3 guns for every stage? Some stages would allow using only 2, for instance stage #1 handgun and rifle, no shotgun.

David E.

Last year we ran some stages with only 2 but could have run 3 gun if we chose. It was a tactics issue.

My link

So must you use all 3 guns for every stage? Some stages would allow using only 2, for instance stage #1 handgun and rifle, no shotgun.

David E.

Last year we ran some stages with only 2 but could have run 3 gun if we chose. It was a tactics issue.

You could have run the whole match without ever reloading the shotgun, if you wanted. :ph34r:

DanO

My link

David E.

Stages for your reading enjoyment.

Disclaimer: May cause sleepless nights.

Remember they are subject to change. :devil:

Will you be posting diagrams for stages 10-12 or at those a suprise?

My link

David E.

My link

David E.

You could have run the whole match without ever reloading the shotgun, if you wanted. :ph34r:

DanO

YES

NO

YES

YES