Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 1 (14 Feb 2012)

Skydiver

Once again "Rushing" the only shot they have bites the Competition Pistol shooters in the butt. Its hard to take the "hurry get the shot off" mentality out of speed shooters and it has proven a fact for the forth show now.

I am not saying I would do any better. In fact by watching Top Shot I have made the same stark observation about my own shooting. When I try to make a super precise shot and tell myself to take how ever long it takes to make the perfect shot I still find myself trying to hurry it mentally.

Maybe their first shooting challenge should be a Bill Drill so the USPSA shooters have a chance :devil:

On that first challenge, I wonder if the producers would have had a fit, if a shooter when called to shoot got into position, unloaded the gun and dry fired a couple of times to get the feel of the trigger, and then loaded the gun for their shot.

From the arfcom discussion of the show, they were allowed 2 sighters. That whole competition took over 8 hours to film (what?). The magic of editing!

I liked the show, lots of action even with the somewhat slow opening competition. Team competition was a great way to get some pressure going. I presume they did a team practice, I don't mind not seeing that in most cases.

And we'll finally get an atl-atl!! I've been calling for that since the first season. Now I need to agitate for a sling competition and lassos! :devil:

I knew the first challenge took a while to film, just from the amount of sunburn that poor kid sitting in the hot seat got.

At first I thought he was all red from crying, but I think sunburn makes more sense.

Once again "Rushing" the only shot they have bites the Competition Pistol shooters in the butt. Its hard to take the "hurry get the shot off" mentality out of speed shooters and it has proven a fact for the forth show now.

I am not saying I would do any better. In fact by watching Top Shot I have made the same stark observation about my own shooting. When I try to make a super precise shot and tell myself to take how ever long it takes to make the perfect shot I still find myself trying to hurry it mentally.

Maybe their first shooting challenge should be a Bill Drill so the USPSA shooters have a chance :devil:

I like the idea of the Bill Drill, but I feel that it doesn't make for good TV, especially as the first few minutes of a show.

My thought is to have a 6 columns of poppers with 6 poppers per column. Shooters are timed to see how long it takes to knock down all 36. Might as well test reloading skills. :-)

For extra evil: 10 round magazines, with each magazine containing 1 snap cap randomly place in the magazine. :lol:

Edited by Skydiver

I think that the first episode went well. I felt bad for the first two eliminated, but that is the nature of the beast.

I was happy to see the atl-atl shown as one of the future weapons used. I am looking forward to this season and hope for a good mix of competition and teamwork.