Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Extension tube spring

ceejayex

Should I cut the spring on my Nordic extension tube (+6) for my SX3? How many of you have done this and to what length do I cut it at?

I also have a surecycle system in the gun with the heavy spring...don't know if this would make a difference or not.

Thanks

They are suppose to come with instructions. Mine did not.

Rule of thumb is to cut it 12 - 16" longer than the total length of the tubes combined.

If you don't, it will be a B!T@# to get in and not likely to give you the capacity expected.

They are suppose to come with instructions. Mine did not.

Rule of thumb is to cut it 12 - 16" longer than the total length of the tubes combined.

If you don't, it will be a B!T@# to get in and not likely to give you the capacity expected.

Reading your post I thought I should read my sheet from NC. It says "a good place to start on the free length of spring is 10 inches to 16 inches longer than the entire magazine assembly (Nordic Extension Tube Assembly + Factory Magazine)"

I'm simply passing this along as a point of information. They go on to mention the previously stated wisdom of leaving it longer and then cutting down as needed over time.

I didn't realize this thing came with instructions until I read your post. Thanks!

I was told 10" to 12" past the tube. I split the difference and cut mine at 11" and it's been absolutely 100% and easy to load full up.

I installed my +4 extension on my Benelli SuperNova last night (well technically this morning.....early) and cut the spring to 12" past the tube end. Loads nicely and seems to feed well on the aluminum snap caps I had on hand. Even works well with the -2 plug that came from the Benelli factory. Puts me at 6 rounds instead of 8, which I would need if I give in and do WW2 division at Texas Multigun in April. :devil:

I need range time this coming holiday weekend to prove it out.