Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you keep handy?

rhgunguy

So I'm getting more into the maintainence of my shadow and was wondering what you keep in your range bag? Really the only thing I have is an extra slide stop.

Also wondering how many of you detail strip your frame for cleaning and how often?

I also need to clean my extractor, any step by step instructions? Things I should look for?

In terms of spare parts...

Slide stop

Extractor

Extractor spring

Trigger return spring

Recoil spring

Firing pin

Firing pin spring

Grips

I detail-strip whichever of my competition pistols is being used regularly every few months, or shortly before majors. I will strip out everything save the trigger, trigger pin, and trigger bar. (Mainly because I'm lazy and don't like fiddling with getting the trigger back in with a slave pin.)

Cleaning the extractor is easy. Punch out the extractor pin, the extractor and spring will come out easily. Clean it, put the spring back in, then the extractor, then hold the extractor in place while driving the pin back into position.

I've got a spare trigger-return-spring (though I've never needed one yet), and a spare extractor spring, an extra-power one that I bought after reading a few threads out there from when I was new to CZ's that said an extra-power extractor-spring was a necessity (but I haven't needed one yet, and now, after shooting CZ's for a while, I kinda think the spare having to be of the extra-power-type might just be BS)... that reminds me, I need to order a regular-strength one to have on hand for JIC (but really, having a fresh extractor on hand for someday down the road probably wouldn't be a bad idea either, so I might need one of those too). I need to order an extra slide-stop and then I'll feel covered.

IMHO, the TRS, extractor, extractor-spring, and slide-stop are the 4 things that could possibly go and turn a CZ into a paper weight and aren't bad to keep on hand JIC you were to get unlucky...

IMHO, the TRS, extractor, extractor-spring, and slide-stop are the 4 things that could possibly go and turn a CZ into a paper weight and aren't bad to keep on hand JIC you were to get unlucky...

Pretty much sums up my CZ parts kit that I carry in my gun bag. Plus spare fiber optic material. (so far, that's the only that's actually given out during a match.)

every part that there is. Walkure had good list right there.

Also for extractor replacement you need a hammer and a 2-mm punch, so I have them too with me in that bag.

L-N keys "stars and 6-th" for CR-speed puches

And for rear sight sight ( if it i adjustable) you need screw driver to adjust.

I keep a Glock front sight tool in my bag at all times. I've used it at least 3 or 4 times when folks have an issue. It's gone a long way to stopping the "Why do you shoot one of those old guns when Glocks are SOOO much more reliable" comments I used to get. :roflol:

In terms of spare parts...

Slide stop

Extractor

Extractor spring

Trigger return spring

Recoil spring

Firing pin

Firing pin spring

Grips

I detail-strip whichever of my competition pistols is being used regularly every few months, or shortly before majors. I will strip out everything save the trigger, trigger pin, and trigger bar. (Mainly because I'm lazy and don't like fiddling with getting the trigger back in with a slave pin.)

Cleaning the extractor is easy. Punch out the extractor pin, the extractor and spring will come out easily. Clean it, put the spring back in, then the extractor, then hold the extractor in place while driving the pin back into position.

Do you drive the pin out from the top or bottom? Is it held in with just spring pressure?