Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Ace recoil spring

rexican

My guess is 10lbs. or so. Never replaced the spring, and I should look into that. The spring is not super light, though it is less than a standard 16lb.

The floating chamber makes it less finicky than the other designs. I have run old .22 longs thru mine with 100% reliability. The cases were just rolling out across my knuckles, but it didn't burp. .22 Stingers run fine as well.

Mine is picky about which brand it will run. Anything made by Federal will work. I figured out that it was the bullet lube that made most of the difference.

Thanks Wide45 and Intel. After reading that I remembered I just ordered some replacement 10lb through 13lb springs to try in my dawson, and they're already in my range bag. A few minutes ago that light finally came on and I remembered where I put the Ace conversion.

I remember seeing a thread awhile back (I don't remember which forum) on tuning these things for reliability. I'll search for that after I give this thing a thorough cleaning. It's probably been 10 years since I shot it.

Edited by rexican

I've got a spare if you need it from my friends ACE. He traded it off and bought a Kimber. PM me you address and give me a little time to find it and I'll toss it in the mail.

Oh and P.S. keep a sharp eye on that ejector adapter piece from that kit. That thing went flying when he was swapping his 45 slide out for it at the club and we were all out in the grass hunting :P

PAINT IT ORANGE LOL!

Edited by JerryShoots