Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights for 25 yard point of aim on P226

kshock

Does anyone know what numbers would be on the sights for a 25 yard impact at the point of aim for a 226? I have the dot and post sights which I like ok but they have a 6 o'clock hold point of impact. I have always used point of aim and cannot get used to the 6 o'clock hold. The sights on the gun now are both marked with an 8.

How much do you need to change the POI in inches? At 25yds the SIG sights are suppose to change POI 1" per number for front sights and 2" per number on rear sights. The way the sights are marked is increasing numbers raise the POI and decreasing numbers lower the POI. This is true for front or rear.

Let me know what you need. I might have one laying around that you can have.

I beleive sigs are set up for a combat poi which is right behind the dot. Sig 9mm's come from the factory with a 8/8 front and rear sight. staudacher's post is correct. So if you want to lower poi then you must come down in number on either the front or the rear. I think the rear is easier to do if you have the sight pusher but they cost more than the fronts. Rears bring a 2" change and fronts bring a 1" change at 25 yds.

• 1 month later...

Lowering the front sight will raise the POI. Lowering the rear sight will lower the POI. It cannot be the same for both front and rear.

We are referring to the sight number not sight height.

rack&roll your statement is correct if we were referring to sight height. SIG sights however are marked so that increasing the number raises POI and decreasing numbers lower the POI for both front and rear.

Edited by staudacher