Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147gr lead loads

Derrel

I just got 1000 rounds of 147gr Precision hard cast lead fp's. I want to work up a load that will make minor power factor out of a S&W M&P9 w/ VV N-320 and Federal SP primers. It seems that N-320 data is for 124gr and lower weight bullets. Anybody using this combo and how do you like it?

147gr lead, start 3.0gr Hodgdon HP-38/W231. You may use Titegroup but it will be a little smoky, start 2.8gr. Now, OAL for both suggested start load is at 1.100". You may bump the start load to 0.2gr if you are loading at a longer OAL.

I just got 1000 rounds of 147gr Precision hard cast lead fp's. I want to work up a load that will make minor power factor out of a S&W M&P9 w/ VV N-320 and Federal SP primers. It seems that N-320 data is for 124gr and lower weight bullets. Anybody using this combo and how do you like it?

I use Precision moly bullets along with N320. I load 3.1 under the 147 and got a power factor of 133 out of my stock G34 this past weekend. I would think that this formula would produce similar results.

I use Precision moly bullets along with N320. I load 3.1 under the 147 and got a power factor of 133 out of my stock G34 this past weekend. I would think that this formula would produce similar results.

What oal are you running? I've been loading to 1.140 for my M&P9's with Power Pistol.

Edited by Derrel

• 4 weeks later...

Precision Moly 147s w/ 3.0 grains of N320 at 1.12" gets me about 128 power factor. I only had a handful to try but I was able to shoot a ~3 inch group at 25 yards (bearing in mind I'm an awful group shooter).

• 2 weeks later...