Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Myrtle beach, SC area

I am attending a USPSA match on saturday February 11th at Fayetteville,NC. Other than that,. Anything local to the Myrtle beach area for shooting pistol (anything,.bowling pin, PPC, USPSA, Bullseye, IDPA etc) up until the 16th of February?

Any recommendations for a local range (indoor?) to this general area?

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Tomorrow is a USPSA match at Palmetto Gun Club (Charleston, SC), next Saturday is the USPSA match in Columbia at Mid-Carolina Club. Both are only about 1.5 - 2 hours away from Myrtle Beach...

Where in Fayetteville is the match? I will be there that weekend but not sure what range you are talking about...Thanks

There is a simple indoor range in Myrtle Beach or just south down 17 towards Springmaid/Garden City.

I don't think the Aynor, SC shoot anymore. But the USPSA website does list this...

GALIVANTS FERRY SHOOTERS - SC14

Contact Info

Paul C. Richardson

Surfside Beach, SC 29575

Phone: (843) 222-8817

Email: eajpcr2@aol.com

The Palmetto Handgun Club outside of Charleston has USPSA on the 4th. Its about 1.5 hours south. 17 to 526 to 61.

Tomorrow is a USPSA match at Palmetto Gun Club (Charleston, SC), next Saturday is the USPSA match in Columbia at Mid-Carolina Club. Both are only about 1.5 - 2 hours away from Myrtle Beach...

I shot at Palmetto 3 years ago...great day,..met lots of good people!

Where in Fayetteville is the match? I will be there that weekend but not sure what range you are talking about...Thanks

The Fayetteville match is http://fayettevillepsa.org/

I leave monday feb 6th from New Brunswick, Canada. Driving down so I will be there by wednesday feb 8th in Myrtle beach. Staying with my wife and kids at my inlaws Condo.

So this match at the Mid Carolina gun Club is on saturday, Feb 11th?

if that is the case...I might be going to that...I thought it was a lot farther than 2 hrs.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Sorry, it's more like 2.5 - 3 hours away from Myrtle Beach. Fayetteville will be about the same or a little closer. I was one of the original members of the FPSA back in the early 1990s and I'm glad to see them back in business again. The Columbia match is a great match so you can't go wrong either way. Now that I live in SC, I am more partial to the SC matches so I would prefer the Mid Carolina match. Let us know which one you end up at and hopefully we can chat for a bit...take care...

There is a simple indoor range in Myrtle Beach or just south down 17 towards Springmaid/Garden City.

I don't think the Aynor, SC shoot anymore. But the USPSA website does list this...

GALIVANTS FERRY SHOOTERS - SC14

Contact Info

Paul C. Richardson

Surfside Beach, SC 29575

Phone: (843) 222-8817

Email: eajpcr2@aol.com

The Palmetto Handgun Club outside of Charleston has USPSA on the 4th. Its about 1.5 hours south. 17 to 526 to 61.

The match that used to be held in Aynor, SC (Coastal Shooters Association) is now down in Georgetown, SC at the Georgetown County Sheriff's range. It's held 1st Sunday of every month. It's a fun match and is good practice (and naturally they always have a classifier), but the range its held on kinda limits what they can do. There are no separate bays - just one big one, so essentially they lay out 4 stages and one person steps to the line, shoots, then a person steps up and shoots the next stage, then the next, then the next. Once all stages have been shot they're all scored and pasted at once before a new group of 4 shooters shoots them.

At one time the MD had mentioned that they had been invited back to the Aynor range but said that it would likely be a while before they actually started holding matches there again. That was about 4-5 months ago and I haven't heard anything more about it.

Edited by MGMorden

well...made it to the Myrtle Beach Shooting range. First...let me say to any USPSA or IDPA shooter. I would not recommend it. First...no holster usage allowed...non. Nothing. But everyone there was more than qualified apparently. 2nd...no commercially reloaded ammunition. THat means the Ammunition I sell up north was not acceptable. I asked for an explanation and got this; "the commercial reloaders like Altanta Arms Ammo (yep,..they said it).don't have the insurance backing like Winchester..etc" I could feel the BS oozing. But,..they did have 115gr AE 9mm for $21.99 for 50rds. YEAH!

However...you can shoot your home loaded ammunition...cause' that is always much safer. (the explanation is that if you blow up your gun it is your own fault)..

All I can say is this....thank god for IPSC/USPSA shooting matches......

Check out the Ant Hill Range off of Rt. 17 on Rt. 211 heading toward Southport, NC, www.anthillrange.com. Carolina Tactical Shooters holds a IDPA Match there every 4th Sunday starting at 12:00. Check us out on the IDPA Website under NC Clubs. They also shoot a USPSA match there every 3rd Sunday and a Steel Challenge match every 2nd Sunday and a 3-gun match every month there is a fifth weekend. The Ant Hill Range is :35 minutes from the SC/NC State line. There is another IDPA club at the Buccaneer Gun Club, www.buccaneergunclub.org, which is a little further north on Rt. 17 near Town Creek, NC. It is 45 minutes from the state line. Jump on Rt. 31 to Little River and up Rt. 17. Good luck. Bill

thanks to Eddie and Paul for the drive and to Eddie for getting my holster in working order!! Thanks to My squad who were great, and also to Jack and Linda for the great match! 4 field stages and a classifier,..great match. Too bad brought the cold weather with me! I got some good hatcam video! :cheers: