Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Dry Fire Range

Reshoot

I bought Steve Anderson's dry fire book last fall, and have spent the winter working with it. Per Steve's suggestion, I always warm up at the 5 yard line. Most of the drills are at the 10 yard distance but, I also do a bit at 20 yards. One monthly match I shoot is notorious for long shots.

Anyhow, here is what my dry fire range looks like.

post-23750-0-24977300-1327761660_thumb.j

post-23750-0-06588300-1327761677_thumb.j

post-23750-0-81697700-1327761715_thumb.j

Very nice! Good thinking on the longer shots...

I think your book is a great traing tool, Steve! Thanks you :cheers: Can I have my money back now? :roflol:

Funny thing, in live fire drills my draw it .2 ~ .25 seconds faster than dry fire drills. That's a good thing, isn't it?! (yes, they are A's) :D

Heck, you could use that for live fire! :goof:

I would love a basement, but where I live it would be an indoor swimming pool. You are truly blessed!

Funny you should say that! I used to live fire my Ruger MkIII in the basement. That is, when the wife was away! (I have a bullet trap capable of catching 9mm) But, I became concerned over lead dust and stopped doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I envy the room you have to set up..... cheers.gif

You could make a field course with that much room...

I just bought the book at Christmas and started the program. I live in a small townhouse, but I can get up to 10 yards by standing in the kitchen and having the targets at the end of the living room. The movement drills suck cause I have no real room for them. The best I can do is move the targets to the side wall and move from the living room to the kitchen. Have to take head shots cause the targets are ~3 yds away. Here is a layout of my set-up.

Dry Fire Set-up.pdf

Yes a few years back at a match in the midwest a guy tied his dog to the table where registration was being done. It was on a long leash and was wrapped around the whole line of folks. Once they all had fought through the line and got registered the guy moved the dog to the safe table. So that whole crowd could get sniffed and licked again and tangled up.

But this dry fire range could handle a whole sled dog team and you still have room to work. What a set up!

Wow... I envy the room you have to set up..... cheers.gif

You could make a field course with that much room...

I just bought the book at Christmas and started the program. I live in a small townhouse, but I can get up to 10 yards by standing in the kitchen and having the targets at the end of the living room. The movement drills suck cause I have no real room for them. The best I can do is move the targets to the side wall and move from the living room to the kitchen. Have to take head shots cause the targets are ~3 yds away. Here is a layout of my set-up.

Dry Fire Set-up.pdf

Have you thought about getting rid of the kitchen?

1st picture: Main Dry Fire Area. I can get 10 & 15-yard shots.

2nd picture: Toy Closet Dry Fire. This area is to my right when viewing the Main Dry Fire Area. My wife would have a FIT if she knew I was posting this picture. Hey! Its a kid's closet!

3rd picture: Furnace Room Dry Fire. This area is to my immediate right when standing at 10-yard line. She wouldn't approve of this picture either! :roflol: It could be worse. I could still have targets in our bedroom!

4th picture: Facing 'up-range' from the 10-yard line.

5th picture: left of the 10-yard line. 1/4 scale poppers.

I utilize the wall to the right and the two closets to perform my wall and barricade drills. It works out really well for other movement type drills as well.

I can also stand in front of the Furnace room and shoot wide transitions alternating between the Main Dry Fire Area and picture 4.

post-26640-0-54714400-1328654553_thumb.j

post-26640-0-61611600-1328654572_thumb.j

post-26640-0-86673600-1328654585_thumb.j

post-26640-0-94290300-1328654600_thumb.j

post-26640-0-46749100-1328654664_thumb.j

Edited by E K