Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

feeding problems with buckmark tac-sol barell

strongbow67

Hello,I am having feed issues with bulk pack ammo fed,win,and rem they strip from the mag and the nose hits the bottom of the breech face at the top of the feed ramp.I only had a handfull of round nose and they fed ok, still had one jam half-way in. do these only feed solid round nose? should I call tac-sol? up to this point this thing took anything I fed it but would like to set it up for steel challenge. thanks

Check to see if the barrel mounting block/feed ramp has seperated from the barrel. The barrel mounting block is glued into place and it's fairly common for it to come loose. That drops the feed ramp down causing frequent failures to feed. Looking at the barrel face, if all or most of the full liner sleeve is visible above the feed ramp, the barrel mounting block is loose. You can either send the barrel back to Tactical Solutions for repair or you can remove the single small screw at the front of the mounting block and pull the mounting block straight up, clear of the two lugs in the mounting block recess. The mounting block does not slide into place paralell with the barrel, it must be lifted straight up perpendicular to the barrel. Clean the mounting block and the recess to remove all traces of the original glue and re-install the mounting block using a high quality epoxy like JB Weld. Firmly clamp the mounting block in place until the expoxy dries.

Buckmark and Ruger are totally different in installation. The buckmark tacsol barrel has its locking block glued to the barrel from the factory and its not uncommon for it to break loose. Happened to me too and the key is to not overtorque the barrel retaining screw but the problem is that there is no known torque value supplied by either Browning or Tacsol. The factory barrel is 1-piece so its not succeptable to this issue so that probably why browning doesn't say what the torque is and judging by the herculean torque it takes to remove the factory screw, they don't have one either. :lol: Send it back to tacsol, they'll make it right by gluing it "extra good".

• 3 weeks later...

got my barell back from tac-sol today looks great. i haven't shot but it hand cycles beautifully now and it did not before even winchesters with a big hollow point they even threw on a new f.o. sight for free so I ponied up and bought an extended mag release works nice.

Edited by strongbow67

Both of the TS barrels I use have had liner separation once. Neither has had it since they were repaired.

I also noted on my first barrel (fluted 7.25") it had an issue with cycling HP ammo because the tip of the bullets got caught on the square edge of the chamber just past the feed ramp. Seemed like it had a little more clearance between those parts than they should. So I stoned the area and cleaned up the squared edge of the chamber and melded the area into one smooth transition. No problems since. When I got my 2nd barrel I did the area right off just in case.

Both of the TS barrels I use have had liner separation once. Neither has had it since they were repaired.

I also noted on my first barrel (fluted 7.25") it had an issue with cycling HP ammo because the tip of the bullets got caught on the square edge of the chamber just past the feed ramp. Seemed like it had a little more clearance between those parts than they should. So I stoned the area and cleaned up the squared edge of the chamber and melded the area into one smooth transition. No problems since. When I got my 2nd barrel I did the area right off just in case.

Does not say much for TS if these are commom problems. Think they would have remedied these type of issues. I guess if you own a Mod 41 then you don't have these kinds of issues.

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's odd. I have 2 buckmarks that I shot for Steel Challenge for 3 years. Both have non fluted 7.25 inch iron sight barrels. Lots and lots of rounds through each of them. I wonder if they changed the manufacturing process. Mine are 5 years old. I've shot a TS 1911 conversion for the last 2 years.

Their warranty service is outstanding.

Seiichi

must be they had enough of a problem that they changed the design. and yes they were great to work with.I bought the barrel used and told them so, they did not care. that colt fella in the repair dept is a good guy