Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Books to buy?

jmtyndall

I've been looking around and there seems to be a ton of books out there for getting into the sport. I'm definitely going to buy Brian's book, because it seems to be recommended all over the place. It also seems like Seeklander's book is pretty popular so I may get that eventually, but there's a bunch of books here that seem interesting. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone owns Perfect Practice and Refinement and repetition, and which they like better, and why.

If I could I'd buy them all, but I can only afford to snag two for now.

Only two...I'd pick up "Refinement & Repetition" by Steve Anderson and "With Winning In Mind" by Lanny Bassham.

To be honest with you, I found Brian's book hard to digest the first time through. However, after spending a few years in the game and re-reading it few times, it finally made sense to me. It is a great book and if you ask really nice when you order it, Brian will sign it for you. :wub:

Check Brian's thread on the vendors area, he got some blem deals once in a while for a discount, I think he has one right now :cheers:

If you save some more $$, get those DVDs, easier to understand since its visual. Matt Burkett's, 3GM (and 3GM2). I have M. Seeklanders books, also S. Andersons. Highly recommended.

I have picked up several over the years. Matt Burkett, some of his videos, Seeklanders, BE's, Steve Anderson's and a few more. Sometimes the wording in a book will click with one person and not another.

Pick up a couple as you can.

We can never stop learning,

Steve

Edited by cyburg

You certainly can't go wrong with any of the books above. They will all help you. Lanny has another book titled Freedom Flight, The Origin of Mental Power. It is a quick, short read and should be a must read for everyone ( shooter or not).

Steve's 2nd book, Principles of Performance is also a great addition.

I would recommend mike seeklanders entire program. Get the books to start then the DVD's. This is the easiest way to get a whole program to follow. I have been doing a mix of his dry fire drills and Steve Anderson's.