Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Gun For Tanfoglio Shooters?

PHX

Hello. I have been doing alot of reading about airsoft training. I want to give it a try, but im not sure what pistol to buy. I found Cyberguns makes a tanfoglio limited, which is what u shoot in uspsa. Problem is i dont think they can be sent to the US. What would be a good sub for a tanfoglio? Seems like most are made to be replicas of sti 2011.

Thanks!

Hello. I have been doing alot of reading about airsoft training. I want to give it a try, but im not sure what pistol to buy. I found Cyberguns makes a tanfoglio limited, which is what u shoot in uspsa. Problem is i dont think they can be sent to the US. What would be a good sub for a tanfoglio? Seems like most are made to be replicas of sti 2011.

Thanks!

KZ75 is next closest. Grips are a little thicker, but everything else is close.

I'd love the Cybergun's Gold Team too... maybe get someone in Europe to buy and ship you one.

• 2 months later...

They are now available. One thing about Airsoft, the mfg's do small production runs and then NEVER make them again, so buy one or two now. They will probably run out and not be available soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at these, especially the limited, but propane seems like it would be much cheaper for practice, yet in one of the videos Eric Grauffel indicated that c02 hit harder. I'm also looking at the KWA 1911 trainers which seem very popular here. I currently shoot a WE hi capa but the sights aren't that precise and it doesn't strike me as that accurate, although it could be me!

Edited by craniac

• 6 months later...

Hi. I have just ordered a Tanfoglio Limited Custom (co2) to get some more triggertime during winter. (Starting to get below 0 now.)

But I'd like to know if the dimensions of the triggerguard matches the "real" version?

Normally I'm using a RaceMaster holster and I'd like to purchase an extra insert if dimensions are the same. Also would like to know if the mag are magnetic? I suspect they won't fit the regular magpouch? So I thought I'd get a magnet as well when ordering the insert.

The trigger guard size and shape are the same. So it should work fine in your Race Master holster.

The mags are magnetic. But keep in mind that the feed lips on the magazine are pretty fragile and will break pretty easy if you drop them on the ground or smack the edge of the mag well with them. I would not recommend doing speed reloads or dropping the mags on the floor. Insert the mags gently and don't do speed reloads. This will ensure that the magazines last as long as possible.

Edited by CHA-LEE

Thanks for the reply. I'll be ordering an insert for Tanfoglio.

So I guess no speed reloads then... The feedlips actually looks pretty fragile. And I haven't found any replacements available for order. (Haven't found any extra mags in stock either, and they were quite expensive..)

Are most airsoft mags constructed this way? Was hoping to be able to do some serious indoor training. And practice all the transitions/challenges you normally will encounter on a course.

Edited by cptzoom

• 3 months later...

My review is this.... The weight and feel of the pistol is very close to the real gun. The trigger on the other hand is quite "Mushy" when compared to the real guns. I think this is because the trigger bar is only on one side and really long. It also has a bunch of bends in it to get back to where it can trip the sear. When you have the slide off and work the trigger you can see the trigger bar bending and squirming all over the place before it actually drops the hammer. So I am not sure if this "Mushy" trigger issue can be fixed.

The good thing is that with the CO2 magazines you can get a lot more shooting in between CO2 swaps verses the "Green Gas" guns.

Given that the Air Soft version is physically the same size, weight and shape as the real deal, its a good thing to use from a gun handling and transition perspective. If you can get past the "Mushy" trigger then it should be a solid practice tool.