Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Mark 4 MR/T Which Reticle

Thinking of purchasing Mark 4 Leupold MR/T 1.5-5 power scope. I have seen the Special Purpose reticle and liked it. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or inputs on the CM-R reticle, it also looks very nice. Two other questions. Is it visible in bright day light and are there any large negatives on a 1.5 power scope vs 1.0 on the low end. Thanx for any and all input Jeff

I shot the Leupold 1.5-5 with the SPR for a year or more. I liked it allot. Good glass, rugged, eye relieve just about right for me. The SPR needs some more hash marks from 200 yrds and out. Thats the reason I dont shoot it any more.

The 1.5x never seemed to bother me. I have a scope now that can go under 1x if turned ALL the way down, for some reason this bothers me more than 1.5x

Thanx Slowsure. The 2 reticles I am looking at seem to have plenty of hold over points. It is suppose to be good out to 700 yards they say, which might be stretching it a bit . But I think 3-500 yards would be doable with the holdover points. Thanx for the reply Jeff.

I have two of these scopes and love them but had them both re-done with the CMR2 reticle. I believe that it is way better suited for 3 gun than the SPR because of the hold overs. The SPR, as stated above, need more hash marks or hold over marks.

I got the CMR2 late last week. I did not get to try it out in a match unfortunately. I like the reticle alot. I only had time to sight it in at 50 yards. I am looking forward to fine tuning it at 200 yards and learning the holdover points for further distances. The reticle is not daylight visible unfortunately. Not a big deal in my opinion. It would probably would have been nice to aid in quick acquisitions on 1.5 power, on close in targets. It was just what I was looking for after researching this forum. Thanx to all Jeff.

Edited by Jetson