Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invitation Letter for the Nationals

Here It’s me again asking for information. :blush:

I´m from Brazil and I will go to the Florida Open. To get the BATF authorization I sent an Invitation Letter from the tournament. In this case the Letter is in the webpage to print.

I would like to go to the Nationals in Vegas, but I can’t find the way to get the Invitation Letter. The only information (bottom right USPSA webpage) is about the BATF form.

Can anybody tell me how to get the letter?

Thanks.

Frederico

I'm not sure, but I will be at the Florida Open. If you don't have an answer by then, I can point you in the direction of a few people at the match who might be able to help. Send me a message a couple days before the open if you still haven't got an answer.

I will, thanks.

The slot for the nationals is the invitation letter and they have not been sent out yet. Will most likely be in late May before they are sent to those that earned one and then you may have to get on the wait list. However the USPSA president generally has a few that he can award to foreign competitors or whoever as he sees fit.

MDA

Easiest way to travel to the US with firearms is to get a hunting license and get your import permit issues on that, instead of invitations for matches. Your import license will be valid for a full year. I previously used an Alaska small game hunting license (was 20$ online) worked like a charm. I was actually advised to go this route by someone at the ATF/State Department booth at the IWA tradeshow in Europe ;)

Will most likely be in late May before they are sent to those that earned one and then you may have to get on the wait list. However the USPSA president generally has a few that he can award to foreign competitors or whoever as he sees fit.

MDA

I didn´t know that. :blush:

I should start looking for another Tournament.

Thanks

Easiest way to travel to the US with firearms is to get a hunting license and get your import permit issues on that, instead of invitations for matches. Your import license will be valid for a full year. I previously used an Alaska small game hunting license (was 20$ online) worked like a charm. I was actually advised to go this route by someone at the ATF/State Department booth at the IWA tradeshow in Europe ;)

Thanks.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=license.prices

"Nonresident Annual Hunting – Small Game only - $20.00"

You can order it here:

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=license.fgstore

As strange as it sounds, for the ATF Form 6 NIA procedure you do not need a hunting license from a state you are actually travelling to. The Alaska small game hunting license was the cheapest I could find for a non resident that was available to order online.

The slot for the nationals is the invitation letter and they have not been sent out yet. Will most likely be in late May before they are sent to those that earned one and then you may have to get on the wait list. However the USPSA president generally has a few that he can award to foreign competitors or whoever as he sees fit.

MDA

Phil answered my email.

He said that he will give me the letter, but didn´t mention slots.

The letter is realy the slot?

Thanks

The actual slot forms are numbered duplicate forms to be filled out and returned to HQ. They are sent out in advance, with the cover letter, to those qualifying by match placement in the Nats, the Majors, and those picked by USPSA's affiliated member clubs. There are also, as mentioned above, discretionary slots handed out. Slots not accepted by those invited are distributed first come first served by a waiting list, the opening of which is announced in advance and which is usually very well subscribed. I do not know if a non USPSA member can sign up.

No one, even those already qualified by Nationals and Area Championships, has received a slot/letter so far - there are months to wait yet.

You can try to walk on, hoping for a last minute opening (that has been possible every year so far), but those who do so do not have an "invitational letter" (it's more a cover letter) or a slot.

You need a slot submitted in advance to compete in the Nationals, that or you walk on. The letter may get your gear into the US, but won't get you shooting at the Nationals.

Edited by kevin c