Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production division gear question.

ShanUSAF

I bought a blade tech sting ray belt holster for my xDm 5.25 9mm and a cr speed hi torque competition belt. I was going to order 4 double alpha race master mag holders but I read somewhere that they weren't legal in the production. Is this true. I can't find it anywhere on the rule book. The reason I want the race masters is because I can switch between double stack and single stack mags with the use of an adapter. Saves me from buying for separate mag holders when I want to shoot single stack or heavy metal in 3 gun. Please advise...thanks

DAA mag pouches?

You should be okay. Similar to CR speed mag pouches but I heard better feedback for DAA so far, but more $$. Few restriction with production division, one is the placement of the pouches and the holsters on the belt, should be behind the hip.

EDIT: hip bone that is.

Also, no race holsters. DOH is fine. You're good with your stingray.

Edited by Torogi

• 1 year later...

I have the Blade Tech DOH holster and I am a bit confused. I keep hearing they are legal but when I measure as per the rule USPSA rule book, Appendix E2, on a CR Speed belt the distance comes up over the 2 inches allowed by 1/4 inch. If measured when wearing on a street wear type belt it falls under the 2 inches.

Am I measuring this incorrectly when using the CR belt or reading more into this than there really is?

Edited by retarmyaviator

It's common for the DOH to end up more than 2". Put a few small washers under the bottom screws and it moves the top in alot. The rules say the DOH is legal but it is always up to the shooter to make sure it conforms. I would guess there are hundreds of Production shooters out there who have no idea they are not legal because of this.

It's common for the DOH to end up more than 2". Put a few small washers under the bottom screws and it moves the top in alot. The rules say the DOH is legal but it is always up to the shooter to make sure it conforms. I would guess there are hundreds of Production shooters out there who have no idea they are not legal because of this.

Thanks, I will give that a try, it only needs to move in a slight amount.

I wasn't worried about the DOH until I was planning to attend a state match last year, before going measured it and ended up using a standard SRB holster. Everyone was telling me it was legal but the last thing I wanted to be concerned about was someone tapping me on the shoulder wanting to measure the holster.