Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Stock III

dskinsler83

I don't understand why EAA does not import the small frame....Small frame 9mm rocks. No mags to figure out...it just runs.

Stock 2 and stock 3 sear set up is different, as is the disconnector and the trigger bar. The sear is a 2 piece unit, as the FPB engagement is no longer dependent on the sear. The top right hand side of the disconnector has material removed to fit properly with that two piece sear (the piece that moves to engage FPB.)

I had the dealer in Canada install the stock 3 trigger in my stock2. Works very well, trigger is decent.

Who woulda thunk it? We have a reason to be jealous of Canadians when it comes to guns. :roflol:

In all seriousness, I'd love to see the small frame stock 3 here in the US. Any of you from north of the border (or anywhere else for that mater) compare it side by side with a CZ shadow?

I had a shadow. They are similiar in grip and feel, although the tan has a short hammer spring. I like the grip better. The small frame 9mm stock2 has a bull barrel....recoil is a joke. My tanfoglios are very reliable.

This is a video from the US Production Nationals. Lost time at the end before the door as my mag went to the ground and I had to grab another before opening the door...then I just decided to shoot about 4 extra rounds...LOL

It shoots very flat. The reset is good if you don't mess with the trigger return spring

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Is the small frame Stock II legal for USPSA? Approved weight in the Production gun list is 44oz. I would have thought there would be more than 2oz difference between large and small frames.

update: just noticed the small frame Stck II is listed as 1180g (41.6oz). How does that work with same model in 2 different frames regading gun approval?

Edited by glefos

Is the small frame Stock II legal for USPSA? Approved weight in the Production gun list is 44oz. I would have thought there would be more than 2oz difference between large and small frames.

update: just noticed the small frame Stck II is listed as 1180g (41.6oz). How does that work with same model in 2 different frames regading gun approval?

The USPSA approved weight is the weight of the specimen gun with an empty magazine as submitted for approval by NROI. At the chrono station, as long as your gun with an unloaded magazine does not exceed the listed weight by 2 oz, you are good.

Now, you do bring up an interesting point about if the approved gun is a large frame gun, is the small frame gun technically also approved?

The USPSA approved weight is the weight of the specimen gun with an empty magazine as submitted for approval by NROI. At the chrono station, as long as your gun with an unloaded magazine does not exceed the listed weight by 2 oz, you are good.

Now, you do bring up an interesting point about if the approved gun is a large frame gun, is the small frame gun technically also approved?

I think the range master would have the final decision on that..

Also, my stock 2 9mm has a bull barrel. My limited custom .40 feels lighter because it does not have a bull barrel..AND it has more material removed from the mag well!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed the two piece sear and trigger bar kit from the stock 3 in my old stock2. DA rocks. SA is not broken in yet (I literally just polished it and put it back in tonight) I could polish the SA edge a bit more...but the trigger has to be down around 2.8lbs SA. (before it was roughly 2.5lbs)SO I little breaking in and it should be gtg. DA is probably 7lbs- 8lbs...using the factory lighter hammer spring. (it is listed under in the PDF file Eric has out)