Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sentry or Trojan?

twister

I want to buy a new single stack,and I really like the STI line of pistols. Which brings me to the question, which one? I like the Sentry and the Trojan,but is the Sentry really that much better? Any help you can give me would be appreciated, Dave

Go with the trojan and get the additional parts built onto that. The difference between the guns is a ambi safety, recoil master guide rod, magwell, and different checkering on the front strap. I have the sentry and changed the guide rod, and the magwell, so if i were to do it again i would have gone with the trojan and saved a few bucks. Don't get me wrong they are both great right out of the box, but if you plan on changing anything then go with the trojan

Brazo's (and probably Dawson) offers a competition package Trojan (Brazo's doesn't list it on their website, you have to call and talk to them about it) where they add a STI magwell, fiber optic sights, and an ambi-safety. (Though the STI magwell, isn't very big. I swapped out mine, and put in a DP Ice instead.)

I doubt many people would consider the recoil master in the Sentry as a bonus.

Edited by JasonS