Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire

monicataliani

Okay, so I know I am in the minority with this one, but I have to say I LOVE my dry fire time! I know that it is work, but it just seems like fun to me! I love putting on my ipod and just zoning out completely and focusing on nothing but my gun, mags, and targets. It is by far my favorite part of the day!

I don't think you are as alone as you think. I only dry fire about 15 mins a week for both pistol and rifle but most of the folks that I shoot bolt guns with dry fire at least 10 times for every round that goes down range. The guys I know that shoot comp pistol spend several hours a week dry firing among the various drills.

I agree, more people enjoy dry firing than you think. Dry firing can be so relaxing. I dry fire at least three or four times a week, about 30 to 45 minutes each session. Trust me, the pro's didn't become as good as they are without some serious dry-firing!

90 minutes every morning

WOW!!!! :surprise: I can only find time to do about 30-45 min a day!!! (Although honestly I would love to do more!) Good for you! :cheers:

Yeah, luckily a friend and I own a business and we don't open until 10am, so I have lots of time in the mornings. I can't wait for warmer weather to get here so I can do some good live fire drills again though too.