Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

thought the guns made 3gun expensive..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A major match is going to be major bucks. I figure I am shelling out around $800-900 on avg. for each major I shoot. More for some, less for others. X5-6 majors a year and I wish I had not done the math. But I accept it, because I don't mind paying for a quality 3 day format, and since they don;t happen everyday or in every neck of the woods, they can be spread out. But, you have to travel and take off from work.

There are some bargains to be had at some local clubs around where I live. A 1 day, 6 stage match will go for $20 entry. 100rd rifle an pistol, 75 round SG, maybe a few slugs. Between 2 clubs there are about 10 of these matches a year and likley more on the way. Not bad.

There are some bargains to be had at some local clubs around where I live. A 1 day, 6 stage match will go for $20 entry. 100rd rifle an pistol, 75 round SG, maybe a few slugs. Between 2 clubs there are about 10 of these matches a year and likley more on the way. Not bad.

That's good local 3 gun right there! :cheers:

A major match is going to be major bucks. I figure I am shelling out around $800-900 on avg. for each major I shoot. More for some, less for others. X5-6 majors a year and I wish I had not done the math. But I accept it, because I don't mind paying for a quality 3 day format, and since they don;t happen everyday or in every neck of the woods, they can be spread out. But, you have to travel and take off from work.

Where do you live and can I move in?

Where do you live and can I move in?

Central KY. 50 miles north of Rockcastle. Wilmore and O-boro both have several matches a year. Rumor is that the Rock will start local 3-gun this spring. I over stated the round count though. Upon review of Jan. match the r/p/s counts are more like 75/75/50.

You are welcome to move in, If you can read and write, or where shoes...we put you on the super-squad.

In Central Ca. we have a few matches that we can go to locally. Piru has a match monthly for $40 its a great match from what I hear. Five dogs also puts on a great match. I am starting to get back into 3-gun(Multigun) again so I am looking for matches to shoot locally. You do not need a big match to enjoy Multgun. You just need a match. I always had fun going to major matches, did not go to a lot but had a blast at the ones that I attended. It was never about the prize table but I always enjoyed taking my turn. I always hated prize table that were dispersed with random draw. I always thought that Hard work and dedication should be rewarded! I appreciate all the people that put on matches and RO them. They work their A@@'s or so we can have fun. My goal at my level always has been to not get DQ'd and have fun. If I did that I was golden. :cheers: