Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC Shooter... First 2 matches done!

RadarTech

Hi folks!

My name is Jim and I have already gone "ballistic"!

Pun intended...

Got an offer from a friend to go shooting and jumped up and out the door we went.

Shot 2 USPSA matches and a steel challenge.

I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the folks were at the matches and how much I've already learned.

AWESOME!

Now a little background:

I am a Marine Corps Veteran from the 90s'

9 years in and missing so much now!

As you might guess from my screen name I was a RadarTech in the Corps and there might even be a few of those I served with on this forum...

Being a Tech was one my proudest accomplishments...

I live in the Mountains of Western North Carolina, but travel all over.

So one thing I am looking at is finding matches around the business trips I take and see when there might be a match near a customer site.

The USPSA page seems to have some good info for the matches

Flying with a weapon and ammo with the guidance of the pros here is a topic for discussion that I need to review...

Just submitted for my CCW, and should have it before long.

Currently I am shooting a loaned Rock Island 1911 Match 5" barrel with a number of tweaks.

The pistol of choice may be a Spartan 1911 soon....

To the moderators and staff here....

Thanks for hosting and all the work you do!

Being in the IT industry myself I know how much work this can be!

To everyone: Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, comments and knowledge!!!!

Semper Fi,

Jim

Welcome, Jim! I've wanted to visit the mountains of Western North Carolina since seeing Last of the Mohicans the first time.

If your travels ever take you to the Atlanta area, there are a lot of opportunities for matches...some during the week.

Welcome, Jim! I've wanted to visit the mountains of Western North Carolina since seeing Last of the Mohicans the first time.

If your travels ever take you to the Atlanta area, there are a lot of opportunities for matches...some during the week.

Atlanta...

I have family down there.... In Conyers to be exact...

Even some old high school friends..

Maybe I need to look into Weekend matches... that would give me another reason to come down....

Last of the Mohicans-- GREAT GREAT Movie.. and lots of beautiful things to see....

Jim

Edited by RadarTech

Welcome to the forum.

If you are ever in the Raleigh area, check out Sir Walter Raleigh Gun Club. They have a class act match the 1st Saturday of every month.

Thanks!!!

I don't head that direction often.. usually only at 20,000 feet... :(

but I will keep that in mind...

Jim

Atlanta...

I have family down there.... In Conyers to be exact...

Even some old high school friends..

Maybe I need to look into Weekend matches... that would give me another reason to come down....

Last of the Mohicans-- GREAT GREAT Movie.. and lots of beautiful things to see....

Jim

Conyers/Covington -- South River Gun Club USPSA matches the first Sunday of each month, and a Steel match on the third Sunday.

:cheers: