Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monday mornings!

Shooter Grrl

I think we need to switch our Friday Flame Wars to Monday.  I'm usually in a good mood Friday's because I have 2 days off and get to go shooting.  Monday's really suck cause I'm now facing FIVE FULL FREAKING days shut inside at work with only dry fire practice to get me through the lead withdrawals.

Or maybe just "Monday Moans" in addition to the Friday Flame Wars.  I hate Mondays.  They SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like they are the least productive day of the week.  All I seem to ever do is to go around fixing all the mistakes that people made over the weekend but didn't report and going to f*&$ing meetings.  That is not progress.

The only things worse than mondays are the tuesdays following a long weekend.  One extra day for people to screw things up and one less day in the week to spread the meetings over.  Blech!

Of course, today being a Federal holiday and all I am headed to the range to work with the new blaster.  So I don't hate THIS monday.    But I will still hate Tuesday.

Hmmm....Monday Moan, Tuesday Tantrum, Wednesday Whine, Thursday Thrash....yeah, we can cover the whole freaking week.  Hey, it all sucks.  Any day you can't be at the range and/or with the loved ones sucks.

Never mind that work is what pays for all this other stuff.

Cheers!

Kevin

Actually, I was kind of glad when the last Friday flame war got a late start. Truth be known, I was kind of hoping the flame war would get skipped. I had fun for a while, but I think the flame wars have lost their novelty and they are serving no useful purpose other than to breed hostility and inject a boat load of negativity into this otherwise great forum. I think it is a temperament thing so I won't be participating in the flame wars anymore, but you other guys can just get right after it...

I had the same thoughts as Ron last month or so.  The mood of the forum was getting so overall negative and there was plenty of flaming going on in the REAL posts that having a FFW seemed to add to the bad aura.  I came to the conclusion that the FFW is for us, the active user family.  It may be titled as a flame war but it's really just a place for friendly types to gripe and poke fun at themselves and others.  Twix's better than better half,  the lovely Carmie B. recently overheard us laughing about a FFW.  She asked why we would want to be mean on a place we both enjoyed so much.  We explained that the FFW's aren't intended to be serious.  Its a room you step into and take off the trappings of mandated niceness and scream at the top of your lungs until it feels good.  It's a no-holds-barred fun fest and if you can't take a dent in your polished ego then keep-out!!!  I think thats why most of the posters that DO flame in other areas of the forum stay out of the FFW's,  they just don't get it.  

The Flame Wars are good healthy fun and if you choose to avoid them its up to you.  (thats to everyone not just Ron )  I hope you still drop in and investigate the insanity though,  might get ya smilin' when ya didn't think ya would!!!

Personally I like the Flame War's on friday.  If we had a daily war the effect would be slightly diminished.  Saving all the steam till the end of the week may be tough but blasting away can get you in just the right mood to enjoy those precious days off.

THANK YOU, ¾-time, for saying what I knew would be the right damned thing about FFW. If we DIDN'T vent in jest, we'd vent in real rage... which is, well, just plain undignified. And we DO pride ourselves on our dignity here on this Forum, do we not...?

I've also seen a lot of warm-'n'-fuzzy posting going on here as well... so noted, we're not REALLY mean and shi**y folk......... far from it.