Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Techwell

BigBets

Quick question...I have big meaty hands and fingers and looking for a magwell that doesn't squish my hand vertically as much as a normal magwell...Can anyone recommend a 1911 magwell for this occasion...Been looking at the techwell TGO....any big handed shooters out there can help me out

Thanks

Jacob

Edited by BigBets

I have big hands, and prefer the magwell to enclose the front like the techwell XT or dawson ice. My issue with an open front is my pinkie finger can drag on the basepad and interfere with the mag falling out during reloads. Neither the dawson ice or techwell xt jam my fingers up like a dawson ice 2011 magwell does. They are fairly low profile but everyone’s hands are different.

I have the TGO Techwell Magwell on my Range Officer. I absolutely love it. Without a doubt the best Magwell I have used to date. I also have big meaty paws (wifes words). I have had no issue with interference with mag drops. Get one enjoy it and don't look back.post-13704-0-72852700-1323831061_thumb.j

I'm 6'6" and 265 pounds, with bear claws for hands.

The Dawson Precision ICE single stack well does not affect my grip at all. In fact, I think it enhances it. The bottom of my hand just touches the top of the magwell, so that it just reinforces my grip without crowding.

Unlike 2011 magwells that actually begin ABOVE the actual bottom of the frame, the ICE single stack well flare starts at the base of the frame. It does not encroach onto the normal grip area at all.

These magwells are rad!I'm going to compete in the Classic/SS division in the 2012 Italian Championship with my Les Baers...one comes with a magwell fitted at the factory while the other one hasn't one and I'd like to get one of these since LB won't even ship a screw outside the USoA without an export licence!Where can I look for them?Looks like you need to drill a hole in the MS housing for an Allen to secure it!

Cheers

Manny

These magwells are rad!I'm going to compete in the Classic/SS division in the 2012 Italian Championship with my Les Baers...one comes with a magwell fitted at the factory while the other one hasn't one and I'd like to get one of these since LB won't even ship a screw outside the USoA without an export licence!Where can I look for them?Looks like you need to drill a hole in the MS housing for an Allen to secure it!

Cheers

Manny

I'm not sure who will import them to you, but they're fairly easy to install. Depending on which one you pick, they install differently, but none are all that difficult. The ones that bolt on come with a tapped MSH, so you just install it in place of your existing MSH.