Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not all comp shooters going with target sights?

kreativecid

It would seem that all target shooters, especially those who reload, go for the adjustable rear target sight, but I've read a few times that some go for the less expensive low profile competition rear sight.....and they just get a different front sight height or they file the rear down a hair.

But what happens if you change bullet weight or reload recipe?

most of us find one load and stick to it. otherwise, like stuart said, we just get a different front sight or file it. our primary concern is finding one that just shoots and work on our shooting, no real time spent trying all kinds of loads. some avoid adjustable sights because of breakage; angus himself just installs an adjustable, then screws it down all the way to the bottom anyways.

otherwise, we'd be happy to share load info that shots POA to POI with the factory competition sights, is cheap, and shoots clean.

Ah, gotcha. Then that makes http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-SP01-SHADOW-PolyCoat-9mm.aspx a good deal sans target adjustable rear if it's being worked over in Colorado or elsewhere.

Has anyone had their new CZ shipped directly to you in order to save time and extra shipping to them only to go back out to you?

If you are having any custom work done I would just order from CZ custom to save time and shipping.

That'd be helpful. I have a stash of 125g moly and 135 moly. All from Bear Creek. So it's not like I have 95, 115, 124 fmj, 130 lead, 147 and 160, ha.

most of us find one load and stick to it. otherwise, like stuart said, we just get a different front sight or file it. our primary concern is finding one that just shoots and work on our shooting, no real time spent trying all kindas of loads. some avoid adjustable sights because of breakage; angus himself just installs an adjustable, then screws it down all the way to the bottom anyways.

otherwise, we'd be happy to share load info that shots POA to POI with the factory competition sights, is cheap, and shoots clean.

"at your own risk, your mileage may vary"

124-125 grain jacketed bullet, 3.9 to 4.05 grains of hodgdon titegroup, 1.090" length, mixed brass. never clean my gun. runs 136 PF back to back to back at 4.05 grains of TG with a 125 grain zero JHP.

if you shoot lead or moly, you will need a different powder. in which case, some folks use win231, solo 1k, and vv n320 with good results.

i prefer jacketed bullets for no smoke and no cleaning. haven't cleaned my gun in a year.

I found tight group a bit violent compared to other powders in my Shadow. Other than that I just hate how hot it makes the gun and it is a bit dirty for my preference.

For 124gr MTG CMJ @1.145 and 4.0gr of N320 produces a soft recoil, accurate, and clean load. N320 is consistent lot to lot and not Reverese Temp Sensative like tight group.

In the "other" bullet I recommend only BayouBullets for the CZ Platform Shadow, 75B, etc. I like the 135gr Bayou and I run it with either WST (4.0gr) or N320 3.7gr OAL 1.145. Your gun will be cleaner after shooting BayouBullets than before.

With 147gr Zero and 3.3gr of N320 oal 1.145.

The only thing I have had to load short 1.10 was flat nose bullets.

TG runs pretty clean for me, havne't cleaned my gun since last year october. temp sensitive, shot it in 50* and up to 100+*, it has been 136PF on the nose all 12 months of the year, save 135.9 in PA. and can't beat its cheaper price either. at least around here, n320 is harder to get. i agree, n320 has been a slightly bit cleaner than TG, but i like TGs lower price.

bayou bullets are also very good with n320 and solo 1k, and probably the only moly bullet i'd run if i had to.

I have a boatload of WST and run it with good results in 9mm and 45acp. Even if it ran out I'd be tempted to buy again for convenience. And my barrels are super clean with Bear Creek. One barrel has about 4000 rounds. So clean and accurate.

Edited by kreativecid